Removing those pesky red highlights!!!!

graveghoul

Reaction score
I already bricked my DX last night and just got it up and running again. I have a Nexus One and i love the stock Green highlights everywhere that match with the lil Android dude:greendroid:! So i was wondering...is there a morph or a way to just eliminate the Motorola Red Highlights :icon_evil: and have them all at Green? Pretty much when you see the Evo or Nex theme that Manup made...those're the kind of highlights i'd like to have. Greens, greys and blacks and whites...nothing else.

Am i asking too much? I'm rooted and running stock 2.1 (Version.1.13.604.MBB10.Verizon.en.US)(2.1-update1) from my understanding. I dont believe i'm deodexed and am afraid to change anything major cause i dont want to go spend 600 dollars and wait another 2 weeks for another DX!!!

Here's a link to themes that have the colors i'd like:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68805-theme-revolution-droid-x.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/75131-theme-nextheme-droid-x-froyo-2-2-a.html

Is this at all possible with a DX running 2.1 to have a morph?:shocked:

kevinkar

Reaction score
On my DX with 2.2 OTA, not rooted, I don't have ANY highlights anymore! All the green ones are gone and the whole scheme is mostly black and white. The only place I see a red highlight is a thin red line around a selected text box. Otherwise, it's all white or gray or black now.

I thought the Android Green was as it should be so why would you want to REMOVE your branding from your OS? It's like Microsoft taking out the default blue from Windows. Just an odd move in my opinion.

I also don't know why this is not 100% configurable by an end user without requiring root, ROMS, etc. Should be able to get into an interface that lets you play around as you want yet still get back to a default just like Windows has (or UNIX, Mac, etc....)

danmcq

Reaction score
On my DX with 2.2 OTA, not rooted, I don't have ANY highlights anymore! All the green ones are gone and the whole scheme is mostly black and white. The only place I see a red highlight is a thin red line around a selected text box. Otherwise, it's all white or gray or black now.

I thought the Android Green was as it should be so why would you want to REMOVE your branding from your OS? It's like Microsoft taking out the default blue from Windows. Just an odd move in my opinion.

I also don't know why this is not 100% configurable by an end user without requiring root, ROMS, etc. Should be able to get into an interface that lets you play around as you want yet still get back to a default just like Windows has (or UNIX, Mac, etc....)

What did you use to get rid of all the red highlighting?

kevinkar

Reaction score
I didn't do anything but accept the 2.2 update. Everything on the phone is stock Android 2.2. As I noted, the only red I see is around text entry boxes (I guess that's the default indicator letting you know you can enter text there) and that's it. Everything else is black and white.