Remove activation nag from non phone Droid

tiderfish

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I recently purchased a new to me Moto Droid to add to my fleet. I flashed a backup from my previous droid onto it (CM7.0.2). The flash worked properly and everything seems to be on the device. However I am still getting the activation screen popup on boot.
This is an annoyance and I would like to remove it. The screens I am seeing are in the link below.
activation_initial-02.jpg

Initial Activation and Setup - DROID by MOTOROLA

My other droids have all been at one time my active cell phone so they do not ask for this. This new OG Droid has not, and can never be since I no longer have a Verizon contract. I want this device to be strictly a wifi only tablet device.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Matt|ttaM

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Close all screens, and return to the main screen with the Android showing, then touch the corners of the screen in the following direction: Upper left, upper right, lower right and lower left.
You should see the normal screen open, with icons showing as a normal phone would show.
I can't recall the discussion that covers this process here, but search for it in the forum, and I am certain you will find it, as well as a small video of how to perform this 'trick' the right way, once.