remote control=Droid?

Detonation

Reaction score
(Really, all this competitive stuff is simply juvenile. It is perfectly analogous to a pi**ing contest. They're both good phones, and people can decide for themselves, based on their needs, which is best for them.)

That's the problem...they can't. They just see Apple is the cool trendy brand that everyone else has so they want it. They have no idea what the alternatives are or how it compares.

mikes

Reaction score
(Really, all this competitive stuff is simply juvenile. It is perfectly analogous to a pi**ing contest. They're both good phones, and people can decide for themselves, based on their needs, which is best for them.)

That's the problem...they can't. They just see Apple is the cool trendy brand that everyone else has so they want it. They have no idea what the alternatives are or how it compares.
Thank you for proving my point.

Detonation

Reaction score

Thank you for proving my point.

I'm not trying to bash the iPhone here. It is a good phone and has its pros and cons over the Droid, but I think you are incorrect in saying that people will decide for themselves which is best. iPod and iPhone are now house hold names for mp3 players and smart phones so thats what people want.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Another stupid application for a phone . Why would you want to use your phone for this and not a real remote ?

Because having to get a dedicated Remote for something like the Quad Copter that would give you live video, Wi-FI (or BT) connection, accelerometers, augmeted reality and more would probably double the cost of the "Toy"!

clunker

Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash the iPhone here. It is a good phone and has its pros and cons over the Droid, but I think you are incorrect in saying that people will decide for themselves which is best. iPod and iPhone are now house hold names for mp3 players and smart phones so thats what people want.
Lots of people will decide for themselves based on features of the phones, some will decide based on the image it projects, especially if there is a massive media campaign, and if you think I mean the iPhone ads, iDont :) But even people that buy the Droid or iPhone strictly based on the image or buzz are deciding for themselves, for them its important to be associated with a particular kind of buzz. Some mainly want the best music player they can get, the iPhone is for them. They're both good phones.

But back on the original topic, why have a Tivo remote on your phone? Well the batteries died on my Tivo remote a couple days ago, and I did not feel like looking for the batteries that I knew were somewhere in the house, so I got out my Droid and bought the Tivo Remote app. What, me lazy?

mikes

Reaction score
I think you are incorrect in saying that people will decide for themselves which is best. iPod and iPhone are now house hold names for mp3 players and smart phones so thats what people want.
In what way are they not making a rational decision? That iPods and iPhones have dominant market share is a valid consideration - along with that comes more choice, and lower prices, for a wide range of accessories. No one is forcing them to buy, so it is extremely disingenuous for you to claim they're not deciding for themselves.

OP
M

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
to sort of get this topic away from who's bashing who, who's better, why this would be something to post a topic about on a forum where people openly discuss they're awesome phone and what it can do... i recently found "remotedroid" on the marketplace, and used it on my friends vista powered laptop. i love it, i just wish it had multi touch support and a tap and drag feature, but aside from just the "cool factor", it's a wifi based remote control. that just shows that the droid is capable of performing much more complex tasks, so it's all about the receiver. anyone know of any forum out there that might encompass the wifi vehicle receiver aspect of this? o, and i'm not looking to copy the copter. it's cool, but i'd like to see something land based like a truck, car, or even a boat (its not land, but its not air). it'll also translate into something alot cheaper to construct since (among other things) the receiver doesn't have to be small and super lightweight for flight (not to mention vertical take off and landing). i'd rather not have to use a home wifi router though, any ideas?