Reflash at a Vzw store

tennvol

Reaction score
I was one of the ones who installed the leaked updates and as a result can not receive the official update. Could I take my phone back to a vzw store and have them flash everything back to stock....ie radio and Kernal?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
No, they do not have the equipment to do it. I asked them the other day and thats what they said.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I just flashed my phone today. If you look at my recent thread "factory reset" it will tell you what to do. Sorry I can't give you a direct link I am on my phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I just flashed my phone today. If you look at my recent thread "factory reset" it will tell you what to do. Sorry I can't give you a direct link I am on my phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That does not take you back to stock as the op is asking. It does take you back to stock with the exception of the radio and kernel that you were flashed to.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
That does not take you back to stock as the op is asking. It does take you back to stock with the exception of the radio and kernel that you were flashed to.

They don't have a sbf for that yet? If so just Sbf it. :)

Device:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The sbf/fxz doesn't revert the radio and kernel [locked bootloader]

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
tennvol;[URL="tel:1908835" said:
1908835[/URL]]I was one of the ones who installed the leaked updates and as a result can not receive the official update. Could I take my phone back to a vzw store and have them flash everything back to stock....ie radio and Kernal?

hey do a warranty on it lol make something up to get a new one besides one wont hurt VZW (p.s overnight shipping is free)

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
The sbf/fxz doesn't revert the radio and kernel [locked bootloader]

Didn't know that, is that true for all moto phones with locked bootloaders?

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

jzmax22

Reaction score
If you installed a leak, just the windows one click method, restore your phone. Skip all sign in stuff, check for update. Install update. Worked like a charm for me. Need help. Pm me.

Tonik

Reaction score
I was one of the ones who installed the leaked updates and as a result can not receive the official update.

Hang loose for a little while. Moto is aware of and working on this issue.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
If you installed a leak, just the windows one click method, restore your phone. Skip all sign in stuff, check for update. Install update. Worked like a charm for me. Need help. Pm me.

Tried it last night, I honestly have tried CWM, flashing my phone back and all the steps in dhackers guide - used his same files, etc and I can't install any update (5.6 or 5.7). I'm stuck on the stock system and radio, but not kernal (.893). Last night I wiped my phone and tried to install the update....negative.

Status 7 error every time.

I really do love the Bionic and the fact that I can read my screen in sunlight, but since I travel 90% of the time and the 4G hotspot is my sole source of internet I need it to work (last month I used 74 GB of data).

I'm actually considering returning the phone via AMEX purchase protection and getting a Nexus but don't want to make the investment in accessories again (car dock, 2x extended batteries, external battery charger, holster, etc)

I know I can call and get a CPO device via VZW but I paid retail (hate contracts) for my Bionic and I want a new device...not a used one.

americanz

Reaction score

Ok guys. I was rooted. 4ever rooted. and on the leaked 5.5.893. I downloaded a file i saw posted somewhere that would change your baseband back to stock. I used it. It worked..then i applied the real.ota in stock recovery... it worked. and i am still rooted. And the way i see it. Back on the correct upgrade path..