Redesigned Google+ App for Android Is Vastly Improved

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-plus-app-updated-for-android.png

The Google+ app for Android just got a major redesign. Along with a completely refreshed and vastly improved user interface, the new app also comes with some additional standout features. Here's a breakdown:
  • Initiate a Hangout from the main menu
  • Support for ringing hangout notification
  • Support for post editing
  • Messenger suggestions for people you may know
  • Download photos from posts or Messenger conversations
Post editing is so useful, it makes you wonder why they didn't think of it before. Grab the new version below and tell us what you think!

For more discussion on Google+ related topics, visit our sister-site @ Google+ Forum / Google Plus Forum.

Source: Google and Google Play Store - Google+ App

Mark_V

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G4 Plus
New features cool. New look not cool. Seams very cluttered. That's my opinion after 30 sec of use.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
A real improvement would be if it stored the cache on the sdcard rather than eating up internal resources. The previous version would start out with a footprint of about 6MB and then grow to over 15MB with usage due to caching of images.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I wish more of my friends used Google+ o_O i would be way more excited about these things.... but my friends find it so complicated to use, even myself, get a bit discouraged when I think about how much there is to learn with google +

geoff5093

Reaction score
Even thought I have a G+ I rarely use it. A few of my tech friends have one, but 98% of the people I know do not have a G+. It seems pointless to be updating info on both facebook and G+, so really the only time I use it is if I'm somewhere new and use the nearby stream feature.