Recovery mode

lwags67

Reaction score
Can someone point me to exactly what recovery mode is? Wondering if I enter recovery mode and don't do anything, what have I upset with my D2G. Want to install the leaked GB on wife's phone but if I screw it up, I am screwed, or not as it may be.:icon_eek:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
To keep it simple, clockwork recovery is where you can install custom roms and make backup images of your phone (among other things). If you enter recovery and don't do anything, it won't mess up anything. You'll need d2 bootstrap to flash and reboot into clockwork recovery. If you do your research before installing gb, you won't mess up. If you do for whatever reason, you'll have to sbf. That being said, learn however to sbf before modding your phone. Promise me you'll learn it 1st!

D2

silver6054

Reaction score
To keep it simple, clockwork recovery is where you can install custom roms and make backup images of your phone (among other things). If you enter recovery and don't do anything, it won't mess up anything. You'll need d2 bootstrap to flash and reboot into clockwork recovery. If you do your research before installing gb, you won't mess up. If you do for whatever reason, you'll have to sbf. That being said, learn however to sbf before modding your phone. Promise me you'll learn it 1st!

D2

Apart from Clockwork Recovery, which needs the bootstrap app, there is also "stock" (on the phone by default) recovery (often entered by pressing the power switch at the same time as pressing the X key). Again, doing nothing is fine, you can exit by selecting the reboot option.
This recovery allows to load update.zip from the sd card, among other things.