Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

smiller7117

Reaction score
Ok, got a couple of questions.
I recently rooted my phone after the Gingerbread update and I'm having trouble.

1.) My CWM doesn't work right. Or maybe its my ROM Manager. But when I go to 'back up current ROM' and press ok after entering the backup name, it reboots my phone. NOT into recovery mode either. Just a normal reboot. And I don't even have a recovery mode! When I go to 'Reboot in Recovery Mode', it just restarts my phone. I don't understand!

2.) My ROM Toolbox has root explorer. And it worked fine until a couple days ago. Now, when I go to explore SD Card, my phone just freezes up for a minute until the App Forcecloses. I've tried to use other File Explorer Apps and get the same result. Even my stock Files App. It doesn't even get that far though. As soon as it starts up it slowly let's me scroll down, then closes.

...I'm fairly new to this. I've read all kinds of info about rooting and ROMS and stuff but I don't wanna do anything until I know for sure its safe. I know I'm not safe if I dont even have a recovery mode. I've used Titanium Backup and batched everything and it says everythings backed up but the ROM Manager doesn't work right and I can't open my SD Card to do anything.

ANY HELP OR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

silver6054

Reaction score
Ok, got a couple of questions.
I recently rooted my phone after the Gingerbread update and I'm having trouble.

1.) My CWM doesn't work right. Or maybe its my ROM Manager. But when I go to 'back up current ROM' and press ok after entering the backup name, it reboots my phone. NOT into recovery mode either. Just a normal reboot. And I don't even have a recovery mode! When I go to 'Reboot in Recovery Mode', it just restarts my phone. I don't understand!

2.) My ROM Toolbox has root explorer. And it worked fine until a couple days ago. Now, when I go to explore SD Card, my phone just freezes up for a minute until the App Forcecloses. I've tried to use other File Explorer Apps and get the same result. Even my stock Files App. It doesn't even get that far though. As soon as it starts up it slowly let's me scroll down, then closes.

...I'm fairly new to this. I've read all kinds of info about rooting and ROMS and stuff but I don't wanna do anything until I know for sure its safe. I know I'm not safe if I dont even have a recovery mode. I've used Titanium Backup and batched everything and it says everythings backed up but the ROM Manager doesn't work right and I can't open my SD Card to do anything.

ANY HELP OR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Can you view stuff on your SD card? Some people have reported SD card access issues after the upgrade. Both of these could I guess be caused by trying to write to the card.

Also, have you used ROM Manager to create a new recovery? See what happens when you try that.

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
And yeah, I can still view stuff on SD card. Example: I can view pics and videos thru gallery and music works.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
Nope. I clicked reboot in recovery and it just restarted my phone. Damn gingerbread! Ugh1 lol

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap. Run it, and install CWM. Tap “Reboot Recovery”.

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that out before I went to sleep last night. Didn't want to pay for it. Ended up finding a free download on the net. Thanks man