Reception seems better than ever lately.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
PRL is 15098 tried the *22899 and the phone says call not sent? as in it wont allow that call to be made?

It has to be in your contacts. You can't just dial it.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

nleksan

Reaction score
Yep. Check your new PRL. It should be something like 52642 if I remember right. Give it a couple of days. Your signal should be much improved. If you've flashed the leaked radios you'll get better 3G/4G/Wi-Fi hand off. Some have even reported better signal after that as well.

Not entirely sure how to check PRL, so I will look under "About Phone", but results are so far: inside a 3-story building, on the second floor, in a fairly populated area during rush hour today, I looked at my phone and saw that I had about 2/3 full 4G bar. Looked at signal in About Phone, and it was -74dBm!!! Even better, when my bars were full, it was down to -62dBm!!!!

I am stock, not rooted (although may root soon), and nothing has been updated/changed except for having dialed that number today... Very nice!

Alphaman

Reaction score
PRL is in Settings -> About Phone -> Status

It's about half way down the Status page. Good luck!

hydro556

Reaction score
I am not even sure what PRL is, but I did have a PRL of 15098. After dialing the number, I now have a PRL 52642.

My reception has always been pretty good, so I dont know if it will amount to anything, but it is now a higher number, LOL.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks prl is 52642 now, but signal is still the same

Took me a solid 48 hours before I started seeing significant differences. I was seeing a much lower DBM within my house and even have been picking up signal strength in the basement. Pretty impressive imo. I didn't have terrible signal issues like some people have had (it was just slacking in my house a little), but now my issues *seem* to be over. It may or may not fix it for you. Here's hoping though. :biggrin:

HikenGruven

Reaction score
I just did it got bumped above 5000 for my PRL. Will report back if any major improvements are observed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Desmond82

Reaction score
I was told by tech support manually adjusting prl is unnecessary for 4g devices furthermore it could damage 4g phones sim cards. Did I get a quack or is there trust to what the rep told me?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only way you'll fry your SIM is if you *228 a non activated 4G smartphone. It then takes your SIM off the network forcing you to get a new one. Manually updating your PRLs should have no negative effect.

Desmond82

Reaction score
So the tech is also wrong on his assertion that adjusting the prl has no tangible effect

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't guarantee you anything, but I've told many my success with performing this and all have reported back the same thing. No negative effects.

Desmond82

Reaction score
What the hell you only live once here I go! And thanks for the tip

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
What's the deal with having to add *22899 as a contact? You can't just dial it?