Reception seems better than ever lately.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Um I had dsp manager for my OG Droid and I cant find it now either

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skyshadow

Reaction score
are there any apps better than volume+ for raising the sound volume and quality for the nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
are there any apps better than volume+ for raising the sound volume and quality for the nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I'd get volume+, it works perfect and can make it very loud. Definately recommend.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
that's because it was always network related. sucks to be one of the morons that returned their GN. :D

Ouch! I do agree though, too much dropped data over too many different phones.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

nleksan

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to chime in...

I was out shopping yesterday with the girlfriend, and noticed that I had "full bars" for my 4G connection, so I went into settings and looked...

-75dBm!!!! I don't check it often, but I was getting really frustrated and actually considering returning the phone due to it always being like -110 to -135 when I had checked, but now I am much happier! This was also in the middle of a large shopping area (not in a mall), no VZW store within 4-5 miles (no grabbing from their 4G hotspots), and there were probably well-over 3-4k people in this area at the time (68 stores, 7 restaurants; from Pier 1 and Sur la Table to Gamestop and a giant bookstore, Old Navy and TJ Maxx to Nordstrom Rack and Brooks Brothers, even an independent and very highly-renowned tailor who will custom-make suits that are absolutely wicked and can stand toe-to-toe with the best Brioni or Canali suit). To put it another way, there are over 1300 parking spots in the area, and it took us over 5 minutes to find a place to park (the lot was like 99.7% full).
Of course, everyone was walking around on their cell phone, talking, texting, browsing, whatever... Yet I still pulled that good of a signal!

AND this is on a STOCK ICS 4.0.2 GNex, no Root or custom ROM or anything!

VERY pleased!!

Now, if only they fix this darn battery "life" (more like battery "death") problem....

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
I would like to chime in on something that i have found out. Remember when 4G 1st came out to verizon and some people were doing tests online and they said that they lost connection in buildings? Well its the type on technology that LTE is that causes things to interfere more, mainly buildings. Thats my theory. Now onto the phone itself... i have had 3 to 4 bars on LTE but have see from -93 to -73dB. Right now its -92dB and 48 asu and 3 bars. (whats that mean anyways?) BTW signal strength on my OG droid is -63 with 3 bars. I will also include some speed tests:

Screenshot_2012-01-15-18-36-47.pngScreenshot_2012-01-15-18-36-01.png

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those of you still having signal issues, what's your PRL?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

nleksan

Reaction score
Put *22899 as a contact and dial it. It will update your PRL to a better version. You're on the old one

I didn't know about this feature... I just did it, heard the music while "your phone is being programmed" was told to me by the Verizon She-Bot, and then it finished and said "It may take up to 15 minutes for your activation to complete". I am assuming I did this properly?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't know about this feature... I just did it, heard the music while "your phone is being programmed" was told to me by the Verizon She-Bot, and then it finished and said "It may take up to 15 minutes for your activation to complete". I am assuming I did this properly?

Yep. Check your new PRL. It should be something like 52642 if I remember right. Give it a couple of days. Your signal should be much improved. If you've flashed the leaked radios you'll get better 3G/4G/Wi-Fi hand off. Some have even reported better signal after that as well.

holdout

Reaction score
PRL is 15098 tried the *22899 and the phone says call not sent? as in it wont allow that call to be made?