Reboots all the time from 2.1....help?

Chris M

Reaction score
Just a little quick background.

I had rooted my Motorola Droid via the old Sholes Mod. Everything was great except when I took a picture with the camera or watched a video, my phone would reboot. Recently I decided the camera function was important to me so I went back to stock 2.0.1 (from the DM updater menu). Stock 2.0.1 was working fine, so I manually updated to 2.1.

Since then, whenever my phone is not charging or being used it reboots. If it is on a charger its fine, or if I am using it its fine. When it goes dormant, it reboots.

Any suggestions or advice for this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a little quick background.

I had rooted my Motorola Droid via the old Sholes Mod. Everything was great except when I took a picture with the camera or watched a video, my phone would reboot. Recently I decided the camera function was important to me so I went back to stock 2.0.1 (from the DM updater menu). Stock 2.0.1 was working fine, so I manually updated to 2.1.

Since then, whenever my phone is not charging or being used it reboots. If it is on a charger its fine, or if I am using it its fine. When it goes dormant, it reboots.

Any suggestions or advice for this?

Yes. Do a factory data reset under your privacy settings. Many people have had some issues after the update, specially ones that have rooted previously and this seems to take care of all that for you.

You will not lose your apps (even though it says you will) and your SD card will be fine. All you really need to do afterward is to sign into your Google accounts again.

OP
C

Chris M

Reaction score
Thanks hook.

My main concern is losing my calendar schedule that I have. Will the reset erase that?

OP
C

Chris M

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and the reboots keep happening when the phone goes idle. Any other ideas?