2.1 Gallery and Music issues

jakenovak

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been having an issue with my Droid ever since updating to 2.1 OTA. Every once in a while, the Gallery and Music apps will act as if there are no photos in the gallery and no music on the SD card. Usually when this happens, a reboot fixes the issue temporarily... but sometimes it doesn't.

To further complicate things more, the Gallery will load all folders on the SD card perfectly, *except* for the photos directory where the main Camera app stores its pictures (rendering the Gallery app, for the most part, useless). The Music app, however, won't show anything... no playlists, music files, anything. When one of the two issues occurs, so does the other (meaning if you can't see the images in the Gallery, you can't play music, and vice-versa).

The SD card is, AFAICT, fine. I can pull/put music and images from the card to my computer just fine, even when using the card reader in the Droid. I can't think of anything that would be accessing the SD card to lock up its resources, or anything like that. Even sometimes when the Droid reboots, images and music won't show up in the stock apps.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts as to what it could be... third party app, bad SD card, bad databases, etc?

droider4life

Reaction score
I'm just curious have you tried pulling the SD card out while doing a battery pull. To see if this helps.. mine was doing this couple weeks ago and this fixed it.. I since then found an app called sdrescan so when camera photos aren't showing up. I hit that app and everything works good..

moto

Reaction score
I am having the same issue all of the sudden. I can open the file manager and see the files and actually open a picture file or music file from the file manager but when I try to open them from the Gallery, BB Galery or music player it does not recognize the files. I tried the sdrescan, battery pull a few times and nothing works.

Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?