Reboot causes significant drop in battery percentage reading

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Pretty much what he title says I have noticed that when I reboot my phone the battery % drops significantly for instance today I was at 88% then rebooted and it came back up it was reading 74%. I have had the issue with both regular and extended battries. FYI I am rooted and running das BAMF 1.4 I saw this mentioned inside another thread and was wondering if this was something that a lot if users are experiencing and wether it happens on non rooted phones as well

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
It happens on unrooted phones as well. I'm not convinced the battery meter even knows what percentage of the battery is left. I've seen mine stuck at 20% for longer than it took to get from full to 20%.

A reboot does use some additional power, though and I'm thinking it's a combination of poor metering and the extra power needed for the reboot.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Yeah, if this doesn't prove to you that the battery meter reading is a load of <cough> I don't know what will. Ever since I got this phone on the release date, every time you boot, you lose about 10-15% battery. Now that I'm rooted with roms claiming to have a more accurate battery reading meter - I still have around 5-8% loss when I reboot. Just enjoy the phone and charge it when you can.

Like jdk2 said - it's incredibly inaccurate. This is my experience too - the battery will drain in like crazy but then last 10+ hours at 30% or 40%.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I got 17hrs out of single charge (30% left too).. moderate usage.. phones calls, txting.. light browsing, emails coming in (gmail app)..

stock battery, not rooted, LTE enabled... no twitter, no facebook, just general usage.. i am pleased with the battery on this phone... phew, i thought it was gonna be bad.