Real Battery Life!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Running De-Sensed Das BAMF 1.4 with the 4.3a kernel produced by Adrynalyne (also maker of the rom).

23 hours 28m 42 seconds with 12% left! Got tired of it begging to be plugged in so I did. I wasn't easy on it either, over an hour of youtube videos and tons of bluetooth/non-bluetooth calls/texts/emails. And yes, I'm in Los Angeles, CA and have 4G. I'd say 80% was on WiFi and the rest on 4G.

Edit: Running stock battery fyi.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1P_TJ5bTxKPKsNnjhmYZ7Y5-XpndJWmLXjV-t9cdvdI?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/os4uEUVlwi_ex2Nk7rbs7Y5-XpndJWmLXjV-t9cdvdI?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ybJ1Yh4jhxFCN6NFPHnOAI5-XpndJWmLXjV-t9cdvdI?feat=directlink

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
How?

That's a lot. I put my normal battery back before, and when I start using it (keeping screen on all the time, not even going online) it drains over 30% in an hour. An hour of youtube videos alone would kill about 30-40% of my battery on normal battery. Bluetooth which is never on mine etc if I keep the screen on for too long would drain it a LOT more.

Idk how people are getting 24 hours on this phone, especially with a lot of use...that's just crazy.

Reaction score
thats good for the stock battery. here's mine on the 2750 battery...

das bamf 1.2
ziggy 4/6 kernel at 1497/368 smartass governor
no wifi, 6 hours of streaming over 3g
brightness whatever I wanted as I used it, beautiful widgets sync on 15 minutes

2aglr8x.png

Last edited:
OP
B

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
6 Hours of streaming! Wow. I admit I wouldn't get that long of battery life if I streamed for 6 hours. I'm tempted to get the extended battery but with my current times/usage I'm ok. Can you tell me if the Extended Battery case has the metal contacts for the Bluetooth and normal antenna on it like the stock battery case does? I've read a review that it doesn't and it hurts reception.

@ alboboy10 -- No clue really why some people get 3-4 hours. I got ~11 hours with stock. Right now, I have all syncing except Google and Facebook (once a day) turned off. I have brightness manually controlled at 30%. Running a kernel that uses almost no battery when the screen is off. And running a De-Sensed Rom. :/ All I can say is, don't trust your battery meter, go till it starts asking for a charge. The battery meter is inconsistent. Example, from 100-80% might take an hour but 80%-30% will take 10-20 hours (for me).

Reaction score
i see 2 little metal tabs around the flash holes and one bigger one on the opposite side of the camera...have used bluetooth a couple times and i didnt notice any problems..