realtor / real estate must have apps

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am not an agent, but I work in the industry. I know several agents in my market that use their phones to open the Supra keys. They complain about the cost, but they all say it is better than keeping up with the separate transmitter

pjo1966

Reaction score
I'm an agent and my Droid replaced a Blackberry 8330. Since all my email accounts, calendar info, and contacts all live in the World of Google, moving to the Droid was like coming out of the dark ages.

I don't know how much you've delved into the GPS, but if you're logged into Google Maps on your computer and search for an address there, on your droid you just need to enter the street name or just the house number and it will find it. The syncing between Google Maps and the Droid is unbelievably convenient.

Other random apps:

LoanDroid - quick and easy loan quotes
Bluetooth File Transfer - use a lot to transfer PDFs with listing info when going to show properties.
Documents to Go - to view those PDFs
Missing Sync - Syncs selected folders with my Mac. At any time I can access all the documents I have regarding any given transaction I'm in. This is huge.
DroidLight - helps when showing boarded up properties
MyBackup Pro - self explanatory
Pandora - for long hours of in the car
SMS Backup - sends all text messages to my email account for archiving
YouMail - alternative to Google Voice. Lets you select specific greetings for specific callers. The default outgoing message reads the caller ID so that when YouMail answers the phone your caller hears "Hi Joe, Paul can't come to the phone", etc... in a professional sounding female voice.
CustomCarHome - lets you customize 3 screens of 8 shortcuts for when Droid is in the car dock. Far superior to the default Car Home.

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I'm a property manager and Google Maps is very handy! I used my computer to create a personal map with all my properties (120 of them) and then I can quickly pull up the whole list on my Droid.

Karl's Mortgage Calculator is the best financial calculator I've found, and it's free.

AndiCar is an excellent FREE tool for tracking business mileage. You can log in the start/stop odometer, use the GPS, or just enter the total miles driven. Then enter a date, time, and purpose for the trip (not necessary). All the data is stored and you can export it to CSV for importing into an excel spreadsheet at tax time.

Zillow is a great FREE program for looking up properties for rent. Start with a great map showing all available properties for sale. Click on one and you get a pop-up with image, price, and basic details. Open it and get a detailed look, along with scrolling images! I haven't yet found a property in my market that was on MLS but not on Zillow.

I'm still looking for a program to sync contacts between Outlook 2007 and Google. In fact I'd settle for any program that could sync contacts between my Droid and Outlook! I could export them as .csv, then import to excel, then copy to my Droid, but this is time consuming instead of auto-sync and I really don't want to scroll through 200+ contacts in an excel file. If anyone can find something for this, I would sure appreciate it!!!