Any Realtors Using The Droid?

ttevogt

Reaction score
I am a real estate agent, and am considering the Droid. Are there any Realtors out there using the Droid? How do you like it? What does/does not work for you?

Thank you!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not a realtor, but might I ask what you're interested in doing with the phone? And what phone you're currently using? What do you like/dislike about it? What were you hoping to get from the droid? We might be able to offer some 'non-realtor but other businesses' input.

Last edited:

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to DroidForums....

I'm certainly no realtor; however, I read your post and jumped onto Andro Lib (which is an online version of the Android apps Market) to see if there were any real estate related apps...

I found these results (click this link)>>>> realtor | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

Not sure if those help you make your decision or not, but at least you now know that you can browse all the available apps in the Android Market to see what you can add to your Droid. :)

Good luck in making your decision! I love my Droid.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I am not a realtor, but I work in the industry. I bought the phone for the GPS and I have been impressed with using it to get to properties. I work primarily in a newer area. I used to have to find 30-40 % of addresses in Google anyway because my stand alone GPS would not. Now I can put the property address in my Outlook calendar or even copy and paste a web page from the property listing in the calendar on my desk top for the day/time I need to be there. I open the date on my phone, press the address link, GPS pops up and away I go.

pilot25

Reaction score
I have been using Sawbuck.com while I'm looking for a house. It's a new website and works great while on the road searching. I'm not a realtor but I've found the properties are updated pretty quickly with MLS and MRIS

OP
T

ttevogt

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.....My blackberry curve does all that I need it to do. I have my email always available, full detailed contacts, calendar, appointment reminders, and the internet with me at all times. I can take a call while waiting in line at starbucks, look up a home on the MLS, set up a showing, and email my client before I get my coffee if the line is 5+ cars long. The problems are that the BB is a bit pokey (att), and the screen is so damn small. I need a more robust mobile device. I need a better device for internet use, taking and viewing pictures, and looking over docs (does the droid do PDF files?). My main concern today is with contact management. I am an outlook junkie, and use gmail only for times when I dont want to start off with my main email address. Gmail is comparable to outlook express 1.0 on training wheels. I have heard rumors about apps or even the next version of the android OS working with standalone Outlook. I am wondering if there is a good alternative for Contact management or a work around for working with Outlook.

Todd RT

Reaction score
Yes Droid does .pdfs.

My wife is a realtor. And here in FL they are about to release an MLS App for the Android OS. :)

pilot25

Reaction score
If you are attached to Outlook then rethink android. Take a test drive before you buy. Email and calendars are nothing like BB.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll really need a 3rd party app for Outlook syncing. Exchange syncing, on the other hand, is great IMO.

greglip

Reaction score
Outlook to Droid

How is that information getting from Outlook on your desktop to your Droid?

liam.

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.....My blackberry curve does all that I need it to do. I have my email always available, full detailed contacts, calendar, appointment reminders, and the internet with me at all times. I can take a call while waiting in line at starbucks, look up a home on the MLS, set up a showing, and email my client before I get my coffee if the line is 5+ cars long. The problems are that the BB is a bit pokey (att), and the screen is so damn small. I need a more robust mobile device. I need a better device for internet use, taking and viewing pictures, and looking over docs (does the droid do PDF files?). My main concern today is with contact management. I am an outlook junkie, and use gmail only for times when I dont want to start off with my main email address. Gmail is comparable to outlook express 1.0 on training wheels. I have heard rumors about apps or even the next version of the android OS working with standalone Outlook. I am wondering if there is a good alternative for Contact management or a work around for working with Outlook.

I'm not a RE but my dad is and I do help him from time to time and he too is on the BB. I'm not a fan of the BB for some of the same reasons you said, its great for having everything in one place but the screen and the camera aren't as good as the Droid. The droid has a great screen, also the ability to go widescreen, plus the camera is very good, 5mp. In terms of contacts the droid supports more then enough info; custom labels, multiple numbers and emails.

But I have to agree with these other guys if your attached to outlook your going to have to reconsider android for now. I don't know if your willing/able to do that because of how you have to constantly be available.

GayleMitchellc21

Reaction score
Droid is no BB

I am a real estate agent and I love the Droid. Like you, I found the BB internet experience lackluster. The potential to add software via the apps is what sold me. The change has been seamless to clients. I weaned myself off of Outlook when I bought a new Win7 desktop and had issues transferring contact data. I did find a way through gmail so when I got my Droid, voila! contacts were loaded and ready. I will say the Moto Droid is heavy but the physical keyboard is important to me, so I consider it a good trade off. I think you will really be jazzed by the ability to zoom views. I highly recommend.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have been an Outlook junkie for 10 years. Droid works very well with Outlook. The only thing that drives me crazy is snoozing appointments. All that being said I am migrating more and more to all Google and away from MS

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Anybody find a great real estate app? Zillow works great!