realtor / real estate must have apps

segen77

Reaction score
Are there any realtors out there using the moto droid, and if so what apps would you consider must have for you daily use?

Thanks

Zippster

Reaction score
Not really any apps per say, but having MLS Wireless as a favorite site and using Google calendar synch'd to the Calendar app on my Droid, makes life much more organized for me. :)

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I've looked at a few mortgage calculators, but I haven't found one that jumps out at me. Have you used any?

SigSoldat

Reaction score
I'm adding a comment just in case anything pops up. I was hoping to find a business calculator app, but I haven't seen anything yet. I'm also hoping to find a good contact management application that can either work on its own or sync with a computer contact manager.

Paradise Here

Reaction score
Supra E-Key

I just spoke with Supra and there is no provision for e-key on the Droid. The operator couldn't tell me if/when a solution will be available and couldn't tell me how to communicate my request to decision-makers at Supra...anybody have any more insight?

I'm not going to migrate from Blackberry if I have to go back to that air key or whatever they call it.

kevinjones

Reaction score
Google will not give GE (owner of Supra) access to their program so that they can design an integrated keypad. That is what I have been told.

Paradise Here

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin. I'm certainly not a developer but aren't there like 10,000 aps for this phone? Seems like a pretty open OS. Do you know of any way to let google know how many realtors there are who are interested in this phone. Seems like they might want to get the e-key before Apple does for the i-phone? I'm just sayin'

kevinjones

Reaction score
agreed, but rrom what I was told they have to go beyond the Shared amount of the OS and Apple or Google are not willing to do that ... wouldn't it expect anytime soon! But I am hearing rumors about the iphone and verizon in the near future!

mdhuber25

Reaction score
I just spoke with Supra and there is no provision for e-key on the Droid. The operator couldn't tell me if/when a solution will be available and couldn't tell me how to communicate my request to decision-makers at Supra...anybody have any more insight?

I'm not going to migrate from Blackberry if I have to go back to that air key or whatever they call it.

this is the only thing im waiting for. i hate that stupid ekey they supply you.

kevinjones

Reaction score
the ekey is a drag ... but the Droid far out weighs any inconvenience! I went from a Windows Palm phone (4+ years) to a Blackberry (a month or two) to the Droid. The Palm was great for not having to carry an extra key for Real Estate, but the phone over time became ancient. The Blackberry seemed to be very fast on the internet compared to the palm but had to have the extra bluetooth converter. Now with the Droid there are so many apps that help in the business and the internet is lightening fast! Using all the Google tools is much more efficient! The Navigation is amazing! It is like a little mini computer. I used to bring my laptop everywhere I went not anymore, the only thing I cant do with the droid from the laptop is print contracts and I'll bet now with zipforms I could do that with my portable printer and droid! I would consider it ... oh yeah if you are into social media, you take a picture, and within 30 seconds it can be on facebook!

Zippster

Reaction score
I read on some other forum that everyone was emailing Supra here:

[email protected]

and asking for support and letting them know how many are in need of this.

I own a Droid also.

soulddenimplus

Reaction score
While I am not a realtor, I have found "safe neighborhood" very useful while shopping for a new home. It lets me know instantly about any registered sex offenders nearby. That is a big concern when having small children.