Really frustrating problem

ducky250448

Reaction score
So i have rooted Droid x2 and i am currently using eclipse rom. I want to use cyanogenmod and i just need to get into bootstrap recovery. Problem is....i have the apk and i used astro to install it and it says its installed and i have option to uninstall but it fails to uninstall(because i think its not really there) and i can't launch it either. The only way i can get into it is by directly install using astro(install rather than the "open file manager" option) and it installs or so it says and i can get into the app, install recovery, click the boot into recovery but it boots right back into normal os. So how can i fix this becuase this is literally the ONLY app i know of that WORKS for installing roms on my phone and i've tried other programs that just seem to fail. i can only get into the stock recovery but i've tried two different roms and neither would install so cleary stock rec. doesn't work when installing roms. I could really use a good fix and some help on this otherwise i might have to do sbf which im not sure how to but i can just google that so don't bother with that. its just the bootstrap recovery app not working that is so frustrating becuase thats the only thing i need to work in order to finish installing rom, but i can't seem to get into it. Any help is appreciated. I'm no noob so i'll do whatever i have to do.

03civicdx

Reaction score
Why are you using astro? Just download the bsr open find where it downloaded, click on the file then hit install, once installed open. The application then hit install recovery. Once it says it's installed hit reboot recovery or whatever it says I can't remember. There is no need for astro at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

03civicdx

Reaction score
Also you MUST have your phone plugged into the wall outlet or recovery won't boot up.

OP
D

ducky250448

Reaction score
Also you MUST have your phone plugged into the wall outlet or recovery won't boot up.

That was the problem, i coulnd't get the app to work. Astro isn't the problem, the app said it was "installed" but yet when i tried to uninstall it, it had said "did not install" or something. And i tried to launch it only for it to say "no activity found". SO basically it wasn't working and i believe i needed to delete the internal memory for all the previous data and cache to see that it wasn't actually installed. Problem is fixed now tho, i just flashed it back to stock Rom, then rooted, then installed my Rom i wanted. Everything is perfect now. That whole process is quite easy to do btw. Anyway thanks for at least the ONE reply i got. Guess that didn't happen to anyone but me.