Ready for root

dazoe

Reaction score
ADW here -- launcher's been super fast for me. :)

Do you have an issue with the dock image messing up after rotating the home screen with adw?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

psouza4

Reaction score
ADW here -- launcher's been super fast for me. :)

Do you have an issue with the dock image messing up after rotating the home screen with adw?

Nope.

I am using ADW.Launcher version 1.3.6 (latest in Market), not ADWLauncher EX version 1.3.3 (latest in Market) -- not sure if that makes a difference. I can also share my ADW settings if need be.

PuneE

Reaction score
and just to chime in along with others..

My D3 is in "shelf" status as well. Ive been messing w it, installing all the apps that I had on my old D1, even the ones that require root, heh. But I cant use it because i have too much app data that i need to restore. Along w that, I use a handful of apps on the regular that requires root access. If it were just mere cosmetics like changing bootLogo or bootAni, then it's not a big deal to wait, but I actually use apps occasionally thruout the wk that needs root.

I guess an easy explanation is that others who dont care for root can live w/o root-reliant apps, or dont care to restore app data (this isnt abt Angry Birds Scores, i can live without it, tho preferably not). The phone is definitely faster than my D1 on AC'd 1GHz+ w custom ROMs, but i dont do deep tweaking, just usually a rom & kernel. Ive yet to try V6 supercharger or even just permanently increasing cache reads.

Im anxiously waiting for root. I would like to be another one to say I'd throw down my share of 50$ to a developer but Id be lying. Then again, if root is achieved, I just mite be tempted to plop the 50$ if they were charging for the service, but still unlikely. I guess to be fair to my own financial conscience and the dev community, i wudnt mind dropping 10-20$ as a justifiable compromise.

if it werent for the fact that i was getting the D3 at a BOGO 75$/ea price (sweetened by a sales rep down to 32$/ea), i probably wudnt have snatched myself a D3 so soon.

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Gingersnap restated my phone. And that am I root app. Says when I select advanced details it says I am root but all the su files say permission denied.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

kristoff125

Reaction score
So, two weeks later and still no root? I don't mind waiting, so long as its not TOO long.

Could you please root it for us then? I'm sure none of the devs that said they're working on it actually are.

psouza4

Reaction score
Gingersnap restated my phone. And that am I root app. Says when I select advanced details it says I am root but all the su files say permission denied.
Gingersnap doesn't work.. none of the current root exploits work. Why do we need to keep repeating this... is it so hard for people to read?

Snow02

Reaction score
Gingersnap doesn't work.. none of the current root exploits work. Why do we need to keep repeating this... is it so hard for people to read?

Because people don't understand the difference between an exploit and various implementations of said exploit.

bonesjones

Reaction score
So, two weeks later and still no root? I don't mind waiting, so long as its not TOO long.

Could you please root it for us then? I'm sure none of the devs that said they're working on it actually are.

Agreed. I hate waiting, but I have full faith in woodyman and p3droid that they are doing their best and I will wait patiently.

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That was towards psouza4 or whatever his name is

bonesjones

Reaction score
Still though, moderators don't like fighting.
Were all in this together, so let's please get along.
Pretty please? :)

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
He wants to down ppl. What the hell is he doing?

Fr33dom

Reaction score

I assume that was tongue in cheek. We should rename this thread the silly thread. Root takes as long as it takes. It may be weeks or months. There is no Too Long and it doesn't matter how bad you want or need it. You can't rush this. The time and effort that some may be putting toward root is their own unpaid time. If you want to help, drop some cash in their pockets.

When root happens, you won't need to ask. It'll be broadcast all over the place. You're still better off holding your breath and waiting a bit once it does come out.

This is all meant respectfully.

bonesjones

Reaction score
He wants to down ppl. What the hell is he doing?

Its just one of those things, before root happens everyone is ansy, and a lot of people get very defensive about it, what he said was a little rude but just let it go, step back and cheer the devs on and give them motavation to carry on.