Ready for root

rickerbilly

Reaction score
Ok I really like this device, but there is more bloatware than ever before. I find it ever annoying that they are uninstallable! I wonder if I ran gingerbreak if I'd eff up my phone?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Read elsewhere that gingerbreak doesn't work.

Ok I really like this device, but there is more bloatware than ever before. I find it ever annoying that they are uninstallable! I wonder if I ran gingerbreak if I'd eff up my phone?

psouza4

Reaction score
Immune to Gingerbreak, Gingersnap, and Z4 -- tried them all personally. Read on another forum that the exploit used doesn't work on this build.

FernBch

Reaction score
Late comer and maybe a dumb statement, but if you're talking about the latest official GB release from VZW it's not rootable. The exploit that was present in Froyo has been closed. The only way to have root is to SBF back or use a prerooted leak.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
rickerbilly

rickerbilly

Reaction score
I can't believe it would be unrootable. Someone will do it! Don't dash all our hopes man! :p

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it would be unrootable. Someone will do it! Don't dash all our hopes man! :p

Since it came pre-loaded with Gingerbread, root will be very hard to obtain... Which kinda sucks, I am wondering how this will effect their sales... since the dev community is ever growing.

Thinking of getting my GF this phone, how is the phone stock? For someone who has never had an Android phone before.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
There will be an exploit. There is no such thing as perfectly secure software.

Carelessly swyped on my phone so there may be some weird typos

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There will be an exploit. There is no such thing as perfectly secure software.

Carelessly swyped on my phone so there may be some weird typos

I agree, but how much work must be put into it. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the DROID X Gingerbread never saw root for the OTA. Not sure if that was because there was a pre-rooted version of it and the devs never bothered, or because rooting the OTA really took too much work and the devs just said forget it....

I am sure there is an exploit in there somewhere, it's just about who wants to spend the time on it when other devices are more easily unlocked with less work involved... We just need a really devoted dev to find that exploit for these locked Moto phones....

Snow02

Reaction score
You can try to bribe c skills (@steaith) into coming up with one. I don't know of anyone else actively releasing android exploits lately.