Ready for root

superkeest

Reaction score
my phone doesnt seem "crippled" its about 10x faster than my rooted/overclocked droid 1, its also way more stable. My droid 3 does everything i want it to, and now you can hack in wireless tether. I wouldnt mind uninstlling the preinstalled apps, but theyre not really bothering me either, i just don't use em. This phone is totally badass as far as im concerned. You may have just got a bad phone, maybe you can get a replacement.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
my phone doesnt seem "crippled" its about 10x faster than my rooted/overclocked droid 1, its also way more stable. My droid 3 does everything i want it to, and now you can hack in wireless tether. I wouldnt mind uninstlling the preinstalled apps, but theyre not really bothering me either, i just don't use em. This phone is totally badass as far as im concerned. You may have just got a bad phone, maybe you can get a replacement.

I agree 100% :)

OP
rickerbilly

rickerbilly

Reaction score
crippled, yes. i came from a rooted DX with Liberty GB. i am telling you, that was faster than this dual core. benchmarks are pointless unless it is a direct representation of the UI responsiveness. if this was rooted running Liberty I am sure it would blow my DX away. my Droid 3 IS crippled.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

psouza4

Reaction score
crippled, yes. i came from a rooted DX with Liberty GB. i am telling you, that was faster than this dual core. benchmarks are pointless unless it is a direct representation of the UI responsiveness. if this was rooted running Liberty I am sure it would blow my DX away. my Droid 3 IS crippled.

Seems to be a mixed bag of people thinking their Droid 3 screams and people who don't. I come from an OG Droid (OC 1.25 Ghz + gingerbread) and a Droid X2 which I ran rooted for a bit, then returned for the Droid 3.

*My* experience is that the Droid 3 is definitely faster than both.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

If your so unhappy with the D3, why don'd you go back to your DX?

OP
rickerbilly

rickerbilly

Reaction score
we're you running Liberty? or stock Moto GB? Liberty GB speeds up the DX over stock Moto GB in my experience.
2nd this further goes to prove my point, Motorola can't even port their own software without bugs so you get varying experiences. in a a lot of cases I think it is user perception based on what you've used prior. this could be helped by using the ROM of your choice.
all for now

OP
rickerbilly

rickerbilly

Reaction score
My devices

Here is a photo of my devices which include a Motorola Droid 3, Motorola Droid X rooted and running Liberty GB v0.9, another Motorola Droid X rooted and running Liberty GB v0.9, a Droid 2 rooted running leaked GB .A955, a Xoom stock 3.2, a Galaxy Tab stock running Sprint GB build, a Samsung Fascinate running stock Froyo, and a Charge running stock Froyo. Out of all of these devices that I own, my first-issue DX bought on release DAY ONE, running Liberty GB v0.9 seems to be the most stable and fastest user interface. Maybe all of my other devices are faulty, maybe my DX is a freak of Moto, who knows. I owned a DX from release day until now, and I have used it with stock Froyo, to Liberty 2.01, to leaked Gingerblur, to Liberty GB, and Liberty is where the fun began. So THIS is why I am crying for ROOT!
...Then again maybe I need a new hobby. :blink::p

P.S. I AM a chronic ESN changer!

Oh yeah, by the way, I do love my Droid 3 still, I just reserve my right to switch back and forth.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 404

dazoe

Reaction score
My phone is MUCH faster than my D1, which was rooted and oc'ed to 1.1ghz... the thing is... the animations on the D3 seem to be bugged, with animations enabled seems very slow.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dumb Question Alert!

What are animations exactly?

When you are changing screens or going into apps, there are animations. Or when you slide out your keyboard and the screen turns, that's an animation.

SSX v2.0

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo of my devices which include a Motorola Droid 3, Motorola Droid X rooted and running Liberty GB v0.9, another Motorola Droid X rooted and running Liberty GB v0.9, a Droid 2 rooted running leaked GB .A955, a Xoom stock 3.2, a Galaxy Tab stock running Sprint GB build, a Samsung Fascinate running stock Froyo, and a Charge running stock Froyo. Out of all of these devices that I own, my first-issue DX bought on release DAY ONE, running Liberty GB v0.9 seems to be the most stable and fastest user interface. Maybe all of my other devices are faulty, maybe my DX is a freak of Moto, who knows. I owned a DX from release day until now, and I have used it with stock Froyo, to Liberty 2.01, to leaked Gingerblur, to Liberty GB, and Liberty is where the fun began. So THIS is why I am crying for ROOT!
...Then again maybe I need a new hobby. :blink::p

P.S. I AM a chronic ESN changer!

Oh yeah, by the way, I do love my Droid 3 still, I just reserve my right to switch back and forth.

Would you like to sell some of those? ;)

SSX v2.0

OP
rickerbilly

rickerbilly

Reaction score
My phone is MUCH faster than my D1, which was rooted and oc'ed to 1.1ghz... the thing is... the animations on the D3 seem to be bugged, with animations enabled seems very slow.

Just turned my animations off. Hope it helps, thanks for the tip!

das7771

Reaction score

Just turned my animations off. Hope it helps, thanks for the tip!

Thats usually the first thing I do when I get a phone if the option exists. Unfortunately even though my animations are off I still get alot of lag and redraws when going back to the home screen. I got tired of it and switched to ADW EX and now my phone is a speed demon. Overall motoblur is a big improment from past versions but it still has some issues time to time.

dazoe

Reaction score
Yeah, i forgot to add that you need to replace the home app. I use launcher pro. It has a few issues, some times it just goes black. I should switch to adw.