Re-Activate failure after downgrading

reynzard

Reaction score
First, i will introduce myself, I go by reynzard and i can code in multiple dev languages.
The problem: I got my new Droid in the mail today, and of course, coming off of a droid eris (without root) my first thoughts were "root!". I immediately downloaded, RSD lite 4.6, the motorola drivers (32 bit), and VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03 (as i was following a tutorial), and flashed my phone with that file... Now i am stuck in the setup menu (the initial one) and my phone will not even start the activation process. It makes it as far as, Please wait while we collect some imformation, than says, We're sorry, your phone could not be activated please call (insert number here)... I have reflashed, and (from the recovery menu) factory reset, and cleared my cache partition...
Thanks in advanced.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
that has happened to me, the way I solved it was by trying to activate again. It took like 5 times for some reason but finally it did activate.

OP
R

reynzard

Reaction score
Sadly that is not helping much, as i have repeated the step upwards to 15 times. Was there a different file you used to flash it? (like a newer one) Or anything else you may have done?

OP
R

reynzard

Reaction score
Well i now have a root install, and sprecovery, sadly i still can't activate. I will try again in the morning, and hope that verizon is just being a pain. If not i will just call from another phone and sort it out. I will post back with info.
Thanks for the help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I rooted in February and had the same problem. Like you, I tried early the next day and successfully reactivated.

Mike

OP
R

reynzard

Reaction score
As it turns out, verizon told me too tap in the blank spaces at the set up screen, which sent the phone to the desktop, after which they told me to dial a number to get to the programming menu, i had to set it up manually, but now have a working phone..

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
same issue tonight... hopefully all will be well in the morning - at least i'll be able to get somebody to help

of course, it IS 2 am and i should be asleep, so they could be doing a system update or maintenance or something...

darksiiide

Reaction score
Those issues normally occur when they are doing maintenance. I know after midnight on sundays...always happens...but other than that it must be random depending where you live.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those issues normally occur when they are doing maintenance. I know after midnight on sundays...always happens...but other than that it must be random depending where you live.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

yep, is all good this morning

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Last time I went to stock I had the same problem then noticed there was no 3g icon/coverage. 3 fails at the computer desk and I took the phone outside where it connected and activated just fine.

jak86

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ran into having to put their phone number in and account passcode in after that? I downgraded to 2.0.1 and when I try to activate, I press 1 and immediately the lady talks about turning off your old device and what not. What has me hesitant is that it says ill loose my insurance if I proceed and have to call some 1-800 number.

Is this something new or just system maintenance again?

shooter_454

Reaction score
Hey has anyone ran into having to put their phone number in and account passcode in after that? I downgraded to 2.0.1 and when I try to activate, I press 1 and immediately the lady talks about turning off your old device and what not. What has me hesitant is that it says ill loose my insurance if I proceed and have to call some 1-800 number.

Is this something new or just system maintenance again?

Same problem here,other than it didn't say anything about insurance.

It asked me to enter phone # and my last 4 of my social,I have reflash alot times and never had this happen.Also I did what it asked and got sorry couldn't be activated call 1800 blah blah.

I flashed 2.2 I liked it but just wanted a fresh install

Thanks for any input on a fix

jak86

Reaction score
Did yours say anything about activation will start in 5 seconds? I ended the call cause I dont wanna have to come up with a story on what happened and whatnot.

shooter_454

Reaction score
Did yours say anything about activation will start in 5 seconds? I ended the call cause I dont wanna have to come up with a story on what happened and whatnot.
No,It asked me to enter my phone # then socal.Than said it couldn't be activated!!!!!I havn't called the 1800 # yet.

Did you happen to flash 2.2?