Razr reviews

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to ask politely that everyone maintain a certain level of respect for each other here. We are all entitled to our opinions...that's what makes forums so great. We can all discuss and debate, but let's keep any negative comments limited to the product we are debating about and not whom were debating with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Do you have a history of neurotic behaviour in your family ? :blink:Or at least that is the conclusion I came to w

Lol. Nope. Just in love with this phone. Still love it.

Did find an odd Smart Action bug that I haven't figured out. It keeps setting background data to restricted when I unplug in the morning. This is not set in any of my Smart Actions. Not a big deal because it let's me know and I can turn it on quickly enough. No big deal there.

I like the stock key board. Much better then my old phone. Typos are way down.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I'm going to ask politely that everyone maintain a certain level of respect for each other here. We are all entitled to our opinions...that's what makes forums so great. We can all discuss and debate, but let's keep any negative comments limited to the product we are debating about and not whom were debating with.

For real... this isnt some IMDB forum...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
For real... this isnt some IMDB forum...

Pardon me, but I don't "get" your comment...no, we're not an Internet Movie Database forum or whatever else that acronym may stand for. What we are is a "family friendly" Android forum. We demand respect for our fellow members and frown upon those who come here and toss around insults and snide remarks. Also, I will remind you that I am a member of the staff of this forum and like any other staff member we're here to keep the peace. If you disagree with my assessment of the situation or you have something you wish to discuss with me, please do so in PM.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Pardon me, but I don't "get" your comment...no, we're not an Internet Movie Database forum or whatever else that acronym may stand for. What we are is a "family friendly" Android forum. We demand respect for our fellow members and frown upon those who come here and toss around insults and snide remarks. Also, I will remind you that I am a member of the staff of this forum and like any other staff member we're here to keep the peace. If you disagree with my assessment of the situation or you have something you wish to discuss with me, please do so in PM.

I was agreeing with you. I mentioned IMDb because those forums, most of them, start with innocent posts and end up like a drunken bar fight at the end of page 1....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was agreeing with you. I mentioned IMDb because those forums, most of them, start with innocent posts and end up like a drunken bar fight at the end of page 1....

Yes, I think he misunderstood. You were agreeing and taking a shot at imdb.

Anyway, seem to have fixed the SmartAction issue by deleting them all and starting over.
Really shocked how well Flip board works on this phone. It. runs way better on this then it does on my quad core tablet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Yes, I think he misunderstood. You were agreeing and taking a shot at imdb.

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with IMDB, and it's very likely that many other members here aren't as well, so what may be a funny poke to those familiar may look completely different to someone else. You see, perception is reality for most.

Perhaps the reason why were not like IMDB as you reference is because we watch postings carefully so exactly that doesn't happen.

Just so we all understand that there were no hard feelings between you two puts my concerns at ease. :D Carry on.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with IMDB, and it's very likely that many other members here aren't as well, so what may be a funny poke to those familiar may look completely different to someone else. You see, perception is reality for most.

Perhaps the reason why were not like IMDB as you reference is because we watch postings carefully so exactly that doesn't happen.

Just so we all understand that there were no hard feelings between you two puts my concerns at ease. :D Carry on.

Yeah take a gander at those forums. Bunch of movie "buffs" bickering like little girls

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah take a gander at those forums. Bunch of movie "buffs" bickering like little girls

Movie "buffs" and movie "critics" are like professional clowns...from a distance they're kind of funny, but I don't let them get within 10 yards of me. LOL!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I know nothing about IMDB but I thought it was pretty obvious what he was saying there. And I imagine a place like that would attract many opinionated peeps.

ANYWAY.. moving right along.

People do talk about the battery life being pretty good. I suppose it is better then my last phone but since I have been playing with it alot more... lol I am draining the battery pretty quick.
No new bugs found yet.

I notice the OP hasn't reported back. Are you still here my man?

zaphodity

Reaction score
Lol. Nope. Just in love with this phone. Still love it.

Did find an odd Smart Action bug that I haven't figured out. It keeps setting background data to restricted when I unplug in the morning. This is not set in any of my Smart Actions. Not a big deal because it let's me know and I can turn it on quickly enough. No big deal there.

I like the stock key board. Much better then my old phone. Typos are way down.

Glad you are happy with the phone, as am I thus far. Marvelous what we can do now days.

zaphodity

Reaction score

I apologize, my family has a history of mental illness, my uncle thought he was Saint Jerome. I'm guessing it's
our Irish heritage. My ancestors immigrated to Australia aboard the Lady Juliana (the floating brothel).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Juliana

[video=youtube;nBmueYJ0VhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmueYJ0VhA[/video]

One of my kin contracted syphilis during the journey, and left untreated, can lead to mental illness that can stay in the family line for generations, and like Ferris Bueller, could lead to further school absences. Maybe that explains it.

[video=youtube;jDfbWDLNjjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDfbWDLNjjE[/video]

....I bet you never smelled a real school bus before.

jhuntin

Reaction score
The Razr is better than the Galaxy. If Moto spent the same massive amount of money on ads that Samsung spent on the s3 the Razr would have sold just as well. I've never seen a company, including crappy Apple, spend that much on advertising. As far as bloat goes, this has the least amount of bloat outside of a Nexus. The camera doesn't really matter to me, but the pictures I take are fine and look real good. I think the camera problem is in most peoples head. The movies I watch on the phone are just as clear as my LCD TV at home. The battery kicks ass and last all day even with extremely heavy use. Hardware wise it is unbeatable. As I said above, if Moto spent the quarter billion that Samsung spent on advertising the Razr would be the highest rated.

zaphodity

Reaction score
The Razr is better than the Galaxy. If Moto spent the same massive amount of money on ads that Samsung spent on the s3 the Razr would have sold just as well. I've never seen a company, including crappy Apple, spend that much on advertising. As far as bloat goes, this has the least amount of bloat outside of a Nexus. The camera doesn't really matter to me, but the pictures I take are fine and look real good. I think the camera problem is in most peoples head. The movies I watch on the phone are just as clear as my LCD TV at home. The battery kicks ass and last all day even with extremely heavy use. Hardware wise it is unbeatable. As I said above, if Moto spent the quarter billion that Samsung spent on advertising the Razr would be the highest rated.

What he said.

zaphodity

Reaction score
Yea, I know nothing about IMDB but I thought it was pretty obvious what he was saying there. And I imagine a place like that would attract many opinionated peeps.

ANYWAY.. moving right along.

People do talk about the battery life being pretty good. I suppose it is better then my last phone but since I have been playing with it alot more... lol I am draining the battery pretty quick.
No new bugs found yet.

I notice the OP hasn't reported back. Are you still here my man?

Everyone's opinionated....that's why we vote. Because this is my first smartphone, I haven't had the opportunity
to try others, but I agree man, completely happy with the battery life too. I was thinking this sucker would
practcally live on the power socket, but its quite efficient.

Hope you and yours are well.