Razr nonstop data access

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dunno about data, but I refreshed my phone last week from scratch because of high Android OS use, and now it's been stuck on 74% for a while now. I wish there was a more accurate way to see what's using the AOS.

The app "System Info" will do that. After you install it, check out their website (it's listed on their Market page). They also offer Logcat. System Info is great though. Anytime I am having any issues, I install it and look at system activity.

Good luck.

pico1

Reaction score
The app "System Info" will do that. After you install it, check out their website (it's listed on their Market page). They also offer Logcat. System Info is great though. Anytime I am having any issues, I install it and look at system activity.

Good luck.

Thanks! Cool app. I can't really tell why my Android OS is at 74% though :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks! Cool app. I can't really tell why my Android OS is at 74% though :(

If you haven't used your phone today, then OS will be high. As it's going to list the top users of power. If that power use is very low and you don't turn on the screen, the either cell standby or os will be high.

But normally a high OS reading means something is stuck in a loop. But usually a reboot will take care of that sort of issue. If a reboot doesn't do it, then a Factory Data Reset will. But identifying the culprit with something like System Info will let you just kill that process perhaps.

Good luck.

pico1

Reaction score
Yeah I tried to do a hard reset and a factory reboot last week. I'll monitor for the next few days and see if it ever goes down

Rpodsss

Reaction score
Has anybody found a fix for the razr heating up yet? I am sure it is caused by media because I was finally able to kill mine a week ago and the battery life was great. I hat to reboot yesterday and now it's on fire and killing the battery. Ther must be a fix for this?

doniago

Reaction score
You might give 2x Battery a shot if you haven't already. It's not a fix per se, but it worked around the problems I was having with my DX rather effectively.

droidshot®

Reaction score
I figured out what is causing this. Go to device setup, then connect accounts. Uncheck Facebook because that is the CULPRIT!!