Razer's 3 screen laptop

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

^Now that is a nice looking laptop. I am waiting for the idea to filter down to eventually chromebooks (yeah I know it will be years before that will happen if it even does).

What are your thoughts?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Where would I put it? Maybe it is time to get rid of the Alienware and the ROG collecting dust on the desk. But yes I so need this.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Pretty impressive engineering feat. I wouldn't buy it though. And I wish they had displayed in realtime how the displays come out instead of a video with a render

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Actually on another video it is just a prototype with out mechanized side monitors.

I'm wondering about the counter balance for it. Battery life, non existent. But I'm still in. Maybe not so much after a price is associated with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually on another video it is just a prototype with out mechanized side monitors.

I'm wondering about the counter balance for it. Battery life, non existent. But I'm still in. Maybe not so much after a price is associated with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm feeling that device and definitely feeling the concept.

But @dezymond, you're correct to bring up those potential issues. But I think over time they will get resolved and I would not be surprised if 3 to 4 years down the line those are a standard feature in all laptops and (potentially) Chromebooks as they figure out ways to make the screens thinner and more efficient.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah I'm feeling that device and definitely feeling the concept.

But @dezymond, you're correct to bring up those potential issues. But I think over time they will get resolved and I would not be surprised if 3 to 4 years down the line those are a standard feature in all laptops and (potentially) Chromebooks as they figure out ways to make the screens thinner and more efficient.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be surprised either. This world is all about multitasking and I think dual display will be more common.

I'm just disappointed they didn't show off this device in real time. Anyone can make a rendered video look realistic but once physics plays a part in it in the real world, those renders may not be as accurate.

I liken it to concept cars. Take Acura for instance (guess since I own one), their concept TLX was far sharper looking compared to the finished product. The side mirrors were a huge deal on the concept car cause it made the car look sleek, but the result we have today tends to look like a more traditional mirror who has is bulky in comparison.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't see this coming to Chromebook for at least a decade. Chromebooks are for the budget (& more recently, midrange) market. Whereas Razer & this particular laptop, have always been geared towards gamers & video editing.

S7 Edge tap'n