Phone For Hardcore Gamers Being Developed By Razer

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
razer-movil-jpg.77686

Most hardcore PC gamers know Razer. This company churns out Desktop and Laptops that are custom built for the hardcore PC gaming enthusiasts. These PCs are routinely speced out the Max for peak performance. Way back in January NextBit makers of the cloud based Robin phone announced they would partner with Razer as an independent mobile division. Bloomberg reported on Junly 12 that Razer is indeed working on a smartphone designed for PC gamers!

According to sources Razer may end up with $3billion to $5billion in funds to work on the development of this device. Development is still incredibly early and there is no information at this point as to what specs or features the phone may have. How cool would it be to have a syncing feature where you could play actual games stored on your PC while on the go from your smartphone! I would love to be able to stream games from my OmenX over to my smartphone. Who else is excited about the possibility of this device?

via Bloomberg

Attachments

• Razer-movil.jpg
    Razer-movil.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,735

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
On screen controls suck, they better have physical buttons of they want to succeed.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of bluetooth controllers out there that would probably work just fine with the phone. I agree though on screen controls are always garbage.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not have a slide out joypad like OG Droid??

Also, a gaming phone should not overheat.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
This all sounds great and all, but will they have RGB lighting, like the rest of the Razer line? ;)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
if gamer laptops overheat, then I am pretty sure phones would have the same problem. gaming always maxes out the resources so it will run hotter.
When I use my gf's iPhone to play games, the same games on my Android, her phone does not ever heat up, within the same time period. From War Robots to Tower Madness, while my Nexus 6 will convert itself into a small cordless iron, her iPhone purrs away without any heat or stuttering, and her battery life is like 4 - 5 times better. Oh, this is on an iPhone 6.