Rate My Battery

zeldazoo22

Reaction score
I know there is a lot on this topic, and believe me, Ive searched for ever, but I'm questioning my battery a little bit. After charging it fully in the outlet charger from 15%, it got to 100% in a quick 30 minutes. I then starting searching the web and sending texts, a few emails, for about 30 minutes. for another 20 minutes I was cycling through the menus trying to close out of apps, etc. (being paranoid.) Then It dropped down to the 80 mark. (I always have all of those things off like gps, syncing, lowest brightness possible, etc.) Then with 40 minutes of a gps on maps and continuous playing of music on the brightest settings, (was trying to test it), it dropped to 60. I then kept that process going for another 35 or so minutes, and it dropped to 40. So a reminder: starting from 80% till 40% I had full brightness with no timeout on, gps map open, and music playing softly with no headset. Does that seem pretty quick to you?

OP
Z

zeldazoo22

Reaction score
bump. i hate bumping but this decides if i go to verizon store or not.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you had searched more carefully you would've read that the battery should be kept plugged in the first few times a bit longer after 100%, especially your first charge. Alot of us agree that the screen says 100%, but it could be lying. So a quick fix we've discovered is that if you charge it even if it's at 100% it will last longer. I've tried recently and my battery does last longer, so just leave it plugged in a whole night, or at least 4 more hours after it says 100%, that's what I did at least.

OP
Z

zeldazoo22

Reaction score
i did plug it in all night on the first night, but after that I would unplug it once it reached 100%. Should I continually let it charge for at least 4 more hours after it say 100%?

OP
Z

zeldazoo22

Reaction score
also, when I use spare parts, it says the android system is taking up at least a third of my battery, the rest mainly the screen which is still set to lowest, with a timeout of 15%. How can I reduce my android system usage. My sync is off, I barely have any apps running. Anyone have an answer?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
After charging it fully in the outlet charger from 15%, it got to 100% in a quick 30 minutes.

I'm guessing this is the main problem. Not sure any battery can charge that fast. It is probably not at 100% even though it says it is. I would leave it for at least 2 hours.

chiianna

Reaction score
I have the dock, and I plug it in over night. I swear that it actually improved the battery life. I don't know if the dock charges differently.