Strange Battery Problem

Danthok

Reaction score
My battery life on the Droid is excellent. Usually from a full charge in the morning I will still have 40-60% when plugging it up in the evening 16 hours later.

However a couple of random times my battery has dropped from 60-70% down to 5% in a matter of minutes. It will give me the pop-up telling me to hurry up and plug in my phone, so I do, but then it goes back up to the original 60-70% charge level like nothing ever happened. I then unplug my phone and everything is fine.

Has anyone else seen this? I searched the forums but could not find a similar issue except people complaining their battery looses charge very quickly. It might not be the battery but the software monitoring the battery that is the problem.

greg_p

Reaction score
I had this issue when, having chosen some application on the market, it tries to DL them but there was a very weak 3G signal... So application were running on backgrond (full CPU) and also 3G consuming a lot as there was a weak signal... I think it can drain around 500mAmps... 2 hours like this (in your pocket) and your 60% are gone.

nazgoul

Reaction score
If you read his post greg, you will notice that his phone was at 60% right afte he plugged it in. So I also think, that it is a problem with the baterry monitor. Did you try not plugging it in when you get the drop Danthok?