Random Rebooting

viola

Reaction score
Why does my phone randomly turn off sometimes?

I remember waiting for a very important call and having my phone right next to me. I missed the call because my phone turned off and needless to say, I was VERY pissed.

It's happened a couple of times before, so if someone could explain to me what's going on?

Thank you!

MattPyle

Reaction score
Mine was doing that a couple times last week. Got really annoying. At least it's not like all the other Verizon phones that just shut off. It at least comes back on haha.

No clue why though

OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
I would take it back.

I think the issue here is that it's somewhat common to see it happen to other phones. I read about other people having somewhat of the same problem, but not knowing the cause.
Also, I already passed the 30 day guarantee and I don't have insurance:(

JCo352

Reaction score
I would take it back.

I think the issue here is that it's somewhat common to see it happen to other phones. I read about other people having somewhat of the same problem, but not knowing the cause.
Also, I already passed the 30 day guarantee and I don't have insurance:(

I've had one random reboot since I got my phone and I believe it was because of a Rom, since it never happened to me stock. Even though you should always get insurance, I believe I would call Motorola, and explain your situation. Tell them that it randomly reboots, and about your camera problem and they might replace it under your one year warranty.

OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
I've had one random reboot since I got my phone and I believe it was because of a Rom, since it never happened to me stock. Even though you should always get insurance, I believe I would call Motorola, and explain your situation. Tell them that it randomly reboots, and about your camera problem and they might replace it under your one year warranty.

thank you.
if the problem persists, i think i'll call motorola and ask for a fair deal about the phone issues.

e911

Reaction score
Soo.. needless to say im disappointed with how droids perform. I must be hard on phones or something because ive had nothing but problems with every verizon phone ive had EXCEPT a blackberry:blackberry: tour (shocking isnt it)

Purchased Jan,2011.
Mid March-Early April 2011: no 3g data in one certain location. didnt matter if i was inside, outside, underground, above ground, in a storm, in the sun, in a tree, under a tree. However if i traveled 5 miles outside of the immediate area, WHOLA! 3g would return. went thru the whole battery pull, factory reset, uninstall the "corrupted" apps, yadda yadda yadda.. nuffin fixed the issue. ordered warranty replacement however 2 days prior to its arrival WHOLA! tower/data problem fixed itself (shocking considering NRB said it wasnt a network issue.. bullcrap i say) I sent the warranty replacement back since my appeared to be working fine.

May 2011: now the phone is just randomly rebooting itself with no rhyme or reason. in the car dock using gps nav, reading msnbc news app, using facebook, using fox news app, unlocking my phone from a screen off state. It will just randomly reboot itself. Fed up, i call requesting to upgrade out of this device, willing to pay the 2 year price, and extend my contract from a 1 year to a 2 year contract and the rep basically told me FFFFFUUUUUU we dont do that, you can pay full retail or trade it in and get 92$ for the phone:icon_evil::icon_eek: 92 FREAKING DOLLARS.. are you kidding me?! talk about getting F'D!

So.. we reset the device... AGAIN (probably close to the 13-14th time now) and i asked for a warranty replacement.

i swear either im horribly hard on devices (i dont drop them, throw them, dip them in water, i just use them.. ALOT..), theres some REALLY crap apps (list of apps: msnbc news, fox news, facebook, yahoo messenger, aol messenger, slacker radio, alchemy game, mousetrap game, speedtest.net, advanced task killer, lookout mobile security), or the droid is an extremely buggy OS..

e911

Reaction score
and now due to the really crap verizon network, i am unable to get any data down to the phone after going thru the crap with tech support.. they had me factory reset the phone yet again..

i asked for a new phone and i was told sorry its not possible, so they are sending me a refirb'd POS