Droid took a dump

ASN-121

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has run into this...
My Droid has been working fine until about two weeks ago, it just randomly started freezing up to the point where it's completely unusable. I've had multiple random reboots, and several times where the phone has been rendered useless. I'm talking nothing is responsive, I have to do battery pulls to fix it, and it's been happening more and more frequently. I have had issues with the phone's touch screen not recognizing inputs and the browser has been causing me all sorts of trouble.
Last week, I was using GPS to get to my friend's parents' house (I just moved), but I had already recognized the area, so I tried to turn it off to save battery/memory. It kept popping back up, and the screen kept turning off and on. I missed an important phone call due to this. It was so frustrating that I ended up throwing my phone into the passenger seat, which turned into a bad idea, seeing as it decided to bounce off the seat, and, since I had the top down, bounce off the trunk and onto the road at about 50mph. I have also had several issues with no notifications for calls/missed calls/text messages recently.
I will say, that it did hold up pretty well physically from being ejected from the car, however, it has just been degrading more and more internally... It froze up just a little bit ago after constantly choosing random touch inputs and ended up rebooting itself.
I'm trying to get a replacement, as this is unsatisfactory... Wish it hadn't started doing this (not really sure what sparked it either), because it has been the best phone I've had, and I'm hoping it's just been a fluke.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a rogue app. I'd uninstall everything to see if that fixes your problem then slowly start adding them back until you find the culprit. good luck! :D

J

Johnly

I'm pretty sure it's a rogue app. I'd uninstall everything to see if that fixes your problem then slowly start adding them back until you find the culprit. good luck! :D
I agree, that is not android OS typical.