Random rebooting

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not all of my reboots occur when the screen is locked. And without the screen lock, I would have to worry about the phone turning on when in my pocket, etc...

Mine would reboot at random too. I just tried the app. Worked for me. It will be a bit hard for it to turn on. Still have to push the home button to turn on.

Check again. I tried No Lock, and *any* of the buttons on the phone will turn the screen on, not just the Home button. This includes the camera button, the volume, etc...

prince1071

Reaction score
losing the security of having your phone locked shouldnt be an answer to fixing this issue...mine has been doing it ever since I SBF'd my phone to do a clean reinstall of a custom rom....(darkslide). I wont blame it on the rom since I was running it before the SBF process I did and it had no reboot issues...(other issue though, which led up to my choice to SBF and start clean).....I was really hoping to see a solution to this issue in here....

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
losing the security of having your phone locked shouldnt be an answer to fixing this issue...mine has been doing it ever since I SBF'd my phone to do a clean reinstall of a custom rom....(darkslide). I wont blame it on the rom since I was running it before the SBF process I did and it had no reboot issues...(other issue though, which led up to my choice to SBF and start clean).....I was really hoping to see a solution to this issue in here....

There should not have to be anything done to solve this issue. Just trying to give some input as to what helped mine. .... Security?? You just slide to unlock...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Alas, no real solutions. I agree, disabling the phone's security lock is a poor solution, even if it did work, which I am not yet convinced of.

Think about everything you do with a smart phone. Your texts. Your emails. Your pics. You may do online banking, etc... All of that readily available to whoever picks up your phone?

No thanks. Especially when it doesn't really fix anything.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

There should not have to be anything done to solve this issue. Just trying to give some input as to what helped mine. .... Security?? You just slide to unlock...

And then key in the code, or trace the custom pattern you created.

CASHPOINT

Reaction score

And then key in the code, or trace the custom pattern you created.

Exactly, so you still have the security. It only stops the slide lock.
Your choice. Just FYI

prince1071

Reaction score

Alas, no real solutions. I agree, disabling the phone's security lock is a poor solution, even if it did work, which I am not yet convinced of.

Think about everything you do with a smart phone. Your texts. Your emails. Your pics. You may do online banking, etc... All of that readily available to whoever picks up your phone?

exactly....even if you didnt have a security code the slide to unlike action is security enough that my phone wont open up from pressing ANY buttons by accident....no bueno....lol

CASHPOINT

Reaction score

exactly....even if you didnt have a security code the slide to unlike action is security enough that my phone wont open up from pressing ANY buttons by accident....no bueno....lol

But it will be rebooting........ Why would you carry a DX in your pocket??
No bueno?? Where are we? WAS A SUGGESTION

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

But it will be rebooting........ Why would you carry a DX in your pocket??
No bueno?? Where are we? WAS A SUGGESTION

Where else would I carry it? I slide it into my back pocket. I hate phone holsters, and besides, I am right handed and my gun holster is on that side and I don't want to reach for the phone and pull my shirt up and accidently flash my weapon at the grocery store or something...

I know that it was a suggestion, but unfortunately, it doesn't fix it and it makes the phone's contents available to anyone who picks up the phone. That is not a solution IMHO.

When I use No Lock, the screen comes on if you press ANY of the buttons, and it gets rid of the slider and the pattern lock, leaving the phone completely exposed...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just saw a post that says the problem is caused by having applications running from the SD card and the solution is to move all apps from the SD card back to the phone.

Has anyone tried this as a solution to the problem?

This is definitly an issue when plugging usb to PC. I've tested it running stock and different ROMs. I move all apps from SD card back to phone and it solved issue. As for lock slider reboots I use no lock from the market. This was when I was using 928s black glass theme. As for maps, im not sure. Sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gudziel1482

Reaction score
I use the "No-Lock" along with "WidgetLocker Lockscreen". You can still put your slider on. I removed the slider all together though, and made it so that I need to hold in my Back hard-button 2 seconds and it will unlock. You can set it for any of the hard press buttons if you wish. Also, I have the PIN security lock active. I know it won't come up after unlocking widgetlocker, but when my phone reboots, it is the first thing that comes up after unlocking.

All of my apps (banking, paypal, ebay, etc) require a password/pin which I do not save in my phone. Dolphin Browser is set to clean out my cache and pw's after each session of use. I make it a point to try and keep my phone as secure as possible in case it did fall into another's hands. I would much rather take 5 extra seconds to put in my passwords than have it freeze up on me like it does during SiriusXM, after phone calls, while in the browser, etc.

But everyone has their own preferences, obviously. I just wanted to say that No-Lock and WidgetLocker Lockscreen appear to be a good fix for the reboots. Only issue is your security code will only come up after power-ups, not unlocks. :D

Syko

Reaction score
For several weeks, I've had this problem. My DROID4 will just start rebooting and I can't figure out why.

Time of day is random. Most days it does it at least once but I've gone thru stretches of 3-4 days when it hasn't happened at all.

While it is doing this reboot, it drops to the droid eye splash screen then gets to the point where it's trying to load the home screen (widgets and such) then drops back to the droid eye splash screen in a loop. This happens until I stop it...and if I don't catch it, the phone becomes super hot to the touch (obviously from the display being on the entire time & multiple power cycles) and my battery depletes severely as a result (@ 50% per hour). To stop the boot loop, I completely power it down and then power it back on. It will then cool down to normal and will work fine until it happens again.

I know something is causing this...some app is trying to start up maybe and creating a conflict. I just can't figure out which one. Anyone else suffering from this or have any ideas where to start looking for a solution? Is there a way to log my phones activities to narrow down some possibilities?

I am still stock 2.3.6 but rooted & have safestrap installed if it matters.

EDIT: Problem solved...updated to ICS.

Last edited: