Random rebooting

Odi Kuppfer

Reaction score
My phone has been rebooting at random times. However, I am noticing that it is occurring almost every time I open google maps. The screen freezes for a few seconds, the screen goes black. About a minute lator I either see "droid" he Motorola "M", or the verizion red droid thing. As the phone just powered up.

Does anyone know what is going on, possible causes, and possible fixes?

Cheers
Odi

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JFDroid

Reaction score
My Droid X randomly reboots tens of times per day. There is no fix. Call customer care for a replacement. That's all you can do. I've replaced mine many times and mine still reboots.

Get a different phone. :\

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid X randomly reboots tens of times per day. There is no fix. Call customer care for a replacement. That's all you can do. I've replaced mine many times and mine still reboots.

Get a different phone. :\

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Getting a different phone obviously hasn't worked for you, no offense. This sounds more like an OS issue.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
After doing a hard reset, not overclocking and formatting the SD card, I can tell you that it doesn't address the problem. Phone still reboots at random times.

And no, I don't feel like trading it in on a refurbished phone...

ValkF6

Reaction score
I had a lot of random reboots and finally tied it to Pandora. Haven't had a reboot since I uninstalled it.

bonzomatic

Reaction score
I was afraid someone might say that. I am a paying pandora user so I just can't imagine removing it. I have been avoiding the pandora update because of the privacy issues. Were you running the most recent version of it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have Pandora installed and my phone reboots itself several times a day. Just did it 15 minutes ago. The phone was sitting there on the table with the screen turned off, and it just restarted itself.

It's an OS issue, there is no fix until they release Gingerbread and hopefully that will work...

ValkF6

Reaction score
@bonzomatic -- I had the free version, deleted it and re-installed about a month ago so it was current at the time.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
My X rebooted no less than 15 times one afternoon. Reboot after reboot. That was the only time I ever had an issue. Never happened before and hasn't happened since. Very strange.

eurosteve

Reaction score
I just saw a post that says the problem is caused by having applications running from the SD card and the solution is to move all apps from the SD card back to the phone.

Has anyone tried this as a solution to the problem?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just saw a post that says the problem is caused by having applications running from the SD card and the solution is to move all apps from the SD card back to the phone.

Has anyone tried this as a solution to the problem?

I tried that as well. Made no difference.

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
No Lock program

My DX was randomly rebooting. It would mostly reboot when sliding to open. I downloaded the "No Lock" app and installed. No more reboots at all now for 5 days.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not all of my reboots occur when the screen is locked. And without the screen lock, I would have to worry about the phone turning on when in my pocket, etc...

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
Not all of my reboots occur when the screen is locked. And without the screen lock, I would have to worry about the phone turning on when in my pocket, etc...

Mine would reboot at random too. I just tried the app. Worked for me. It will be a bit hard for it to turn on. Still have to push the home button to turn on.