Quick Question

hensonlf

Reaction score
Just flashed my phone to latest Squidly ROM. This is my first go round with this and was wondering how I go about going back to stock/ the back up I created before flashing? I used the Droid 2 Bootstrap to create the backup. Also where is this backup placed on the sdcard?

EDIT: Not good...uninstalled LiveHome and now my phone will not start up...just stays on the red loading icon....

Nevermind.

trook

Reaction score
You need to boot back into clockwork with your bootstrapper, go to backup/restore inside that folder you will see your backup with the date you flashed it, simply restore it.
There is a folder on your sd called clockworkmod, that's where your backup is, but you need to be in clockwork to flash it.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
H

hensonlf

Reaction score
Thanks man. That should be simple enough. What are the benefits of using a different ROM?

OP
H

hensonlf

Reaction score
Got another question:
How do I get my stock messaging widget back?

trook

Reaction score
I just like not having any blur, squdlys rom is great and I run it often depending on my mood and what options I want, but my last phone was a very blurry moto backflip that I hated so I developed a blur complex. As for your stock messaging widget you go into gscript to remove and add different blur options, that's one of the great things about squidly's rom. If the options aren't in there enable gscript in terminal emulator.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
H

hensonlf

Reaction score
Makes sense. I spent about 8 hours messing with stuff yesterday. I am sticking with the Squidly stock rom for now, as I prefer a quicker phone and I have read the blur can slow it done a bit.

I also got the BigDX white theme; with that some apps will not update anymore, ie facebook, any ideas why?