CM Flash issue

Captmilk

Reaction score
I am rooted with a DX 2.2 with DX bootstrap and Rom Manager...When I try to create a backup the phone reboots and I get the triangle with the explanation point and the yellow load bar fills halfway then the phone boots into the OS, not creating a back up. I've tried uninstalling rom manager and bootstrap and uninstalling both after wiping cache. Any thoughts?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have the correct recovery installed? You need to make sure you flash the clock work recovery.

bcals0087

Reaction score
I am rooted with a DX 2.2 with DX bootstrap and Rom Manager...When I try to create a backup the phone reboots and I get the triangle with the explanation point and the yellow load bar fills halfway then the phone boots into the OS, not creating a back up. I've tried uninstalling rom manager and bootstrap and uninstalling both after wiping cache. Any thoughts?

All you really need is bootstrap. Uninstall both, then just reboot your phone. Install bootstrap. Tap "Bootstrap Recovery", wait till you see "success". Then you can tap "reboot recovery". Your phone should reboot after that into the custom recovery.

If it doesn't, and you see the droid eye pop up, take out your battery on the spot, wait ten seconds, and then put it back in and power on the phone. Repeat until the phone boots into clockwork. Sometimes it may take a couple tries, sometimes it will boot right into clockwork when you first reboot the phone.

From the clockwork menu, use the volume down button to scroll to advanced, and then hit backup. It will then backup your rom.

When restoring, do the same, however make sure you wipe data/cache before restoring.

Hope this helps

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score
I figured it out I must have been drinking a tall glass of noob last night....Thanks for the response.