Calendar App Problems

helpermonkey

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm using the latest squidly and have had some problems with my calendar. I am able to browse it without trouble and it does in fact sync fine ... however ... i cannot seem to add or edit an event through the phone's interface. I have tried opening the keyboard, restarting, all that jazz ... however, nothing seems to work. Whenever i go to create a new event, the phone goes back to the home screen. Any ideas?

Syko

Reaction score
hmmm...I usually do most of my editing and adding on a PC but I just tried it on the phone and mine does the same thing you described. Weird. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

event121

Reaction score
Calendar > Menu > More > New Event

Always works for me. Sync icon usually comes on right after I add an event so it's synced right away with google.

OP
H

helpermonkey

Reaction score
Calendar > Menu > More > New Event

Always works for me. Sync icon usually comes on right after I add an event so it's synced right away with google.

thanks for trying, but the same thing happens regardless of whether i use long press or menu.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It should work fine stocksquidly if you are fullblur and deleted mmsblur or bluremail add back in BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk to system/app from sdcard/stock to do so via terminal su enter,sys -rw enter, cp /sdcard/stock/BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk /system/app enter, sys -ro enter,sync all done.

OP
H

helpermonkey

Reaction score
It should work fine stocksquidly if you are fullblur and deleted mmsblur or bluremail add back in BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk to system/app from sdcard/stock to do so via terminal su enter,sys -rw enter, cp /sdcard/stock/BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk /system/app enter, sys -ro enter,sync all done.

Thanks for the advice, I did try that (with one modification) and even rebooted and it did not seem to fix the problem. my slightly modified: cp -i /sdcard/stock/BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk /system/app (for those that don't know - this gave me a prompt just to confirm it would overwrite) Just for ****s and giggles, i did try and install the apk from the file and not surprisingly that didn't work either (i didn't think it would but figured it was worth the shot).

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There needs to be a missing file install blur calendar via gscript or terminal script then just make sure BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk is there if you are full blur.Stock squidly install google calendar via gscript or terminal script. What are you using?

Syko

Reaction score
OK. I ran the script and checked and confirmed that BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk is in fact in the /sdcard/stock directory. I still can not make edits or new events on the phone however. There is one thing that did change...when creating a new event, I used to get kicked out of the calendar directly to the home screen. Now, I get kicked back to the month calendar view.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I screwed up replace blurSNMessaingEngine.apk with BlurEmailEngine.apk in terminal use the same directions previously posted it will work perfect.