Quick advice needed

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 5' started by mgrande, Jan 29, 2016.

1. mgrande

mgrande Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi guys, I currently have a LG G3 with an Hyperion 6k battery. I have no real issues with the phone except that I'm on my 3rd SIM card this week (second today) and can't keep having it go down with a pregnant wife that may need to get a hold of me. Is the Note 5 still a great phone? I know it's been out a while but it doesn't look like there's anything newer that's better. Is the Note 6 coming out soon? I'm not sure how long I'll have service so I needed to make a decision quick and can't properly do research like I normally would. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +678
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    I still love my Note 5, no issues with it. I guess, "soon", would be a matter of interpretation. The Note line usually comes out ~ August, the Galaxy S7 will be out before the Note 6. If you need something quickly I could recommend the Note 5.

If you don't see yourself caring about the S-Pen, or you need to root/mod your phone, maybe go with a Nexus 6P? Or if you would like a smaller one, the Nexus 5X has been on sale lately, I hear good things about that as well. Also, the One Plus X is available now without an invite if you are looking for cheaper way to go.

Lot of options out there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z Force Droid
    Love my Note 5. I think the only other phone I choose over it would be the Droid Turbo 2. Loved my Droid Turbo. Battery life was awesome. Turbo 2 is supposed to be right there with better performance.

4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    @Sydman recommendations are on the money. You can't go wrong with any of those devices.

5. mgrande

mgrande Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks guys. About to head to the store and get the Note 5. I would consider the motto because I like big batteries but I can't deal with their sub par cameras. My last motto phone was the final straw for me.

• Like Like x 1