Need some advice...

Rockrz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NA yet
Hi guys - I'm pretty knowledgeable with PCs but now I need to start learning more about cell phone management.

I'm looking for a way to be able to restore a phone if it starts acting up, and I'd like to be able to remove unwanted apps.

I'm going to be getting a phone to use for business purposes from Cricket Wireless (good for my area) and I'll be getting a phone that is easy to change batteries so I can have additional batteries to pop in rather than having to plug the phone in (I'll get a charger or a second phone to charge the extra batteries).

So far, I'm looking at the phone from Cricket's website - LG Spree, ZTE Sonata 3, ZTE Grand X3, HTC Desire 626s, LG Escape 3

Here are the primary objectives I'm need to accomplish:

1) Be able to restore phone
2) Be able to remove unwanted apps (bloatware)
3) Need strong Bluetooth capabilities
4) Need to have an app that allows me to push a button
on the screen and start recording call (after call has started, for business use)
5) Be able to quickly change out the battery (no iPhones)

I just wanted to post all this here to see if anyone had any advice or suggestions concerning which phone I should get and how to be able to restore it when needed as well as remove unwanted apps that come on it when it's new.

Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi Rockrz! Welcome to DroidForums! I am not familiar with the phones you mentioned but you should be able to find out much about each phone but looking at their specs.

For item #
1. All Android phones that I'm aware of can be restored to factory default status.
2. Depending on the phone, some apps will be able to be removed. Others might only be able to be disabled.
3. ? Not sure which may have better Bluetooth capabilities.
4. There are many recording apps in the playstore that can do this.
5. If the phone has a removable battery, then quickly changing it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rockrz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NA yet
I'd like to be able to remove unwanted apps, add the call recording app and capture the state of the phone and be able to restore it back to the state I want it to be in (if it ever starts acting up) without returning it back to the manufacturer's state.

Maybe I need to look at Acronis (I use this on my PC for capturing the state of my system) - Mobile Device Backup