Questions. Please Help?!?!

AndroidNoob

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a few questions and can't seem to find anything. Maybe you can help.

1)My contacts, when I try to send a text message, I click in the box to type the name of the contact and it sorts through them like it did on 1.5 but there are a bunch of duplicates that shouldn't be there, and email addresses that I don't want in them. I just want it to open up my people and search through them. How can I fix this?

2)What is "HTC Checkin Service" and why does it always run?

3)Can I delete "MP3 Store?" Sometimes when I open up my task killer it is open and I never open it?

4)After the update to 2.1 whenever I make a phone call and it connects my phone vibrates to let me know that it connected. Can I turn this off? It's very annoying.

5)I know that on 1.5 I had an application (on the phone from the factory) that said ringtone trimmer, but I could never access it. Is there an app somewhere that will allow me to take a full song and trim it down to the section that I want and save it?

Thanks for any info that anyone has.

lalockie

Reaction score
Same thing...

Hi there,
I have having many of the same issues that you are having.

I find the vibrate feature when making a call very frustrating and would like to turn it off.
Also, I feel that my battery is dying so much quicker since the update? How do I stop that from happening?

Also, before I did the update I had certain people set to speed dials. When I try to set them now, it looks like it works but when I go to press the specific number for my speed dial it doesn't work.
Any help would be appreciated.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a few questions and can't seem to find anything. Maybe you can help.

1)My contacts, when I try to send a text message, I click in the box to type the name of the contact and it sorts through them like it did on 1.5 but there are a bunch of duplicates that shouldn't be there, and email addresses that I don't want in them. I just want it to open up my people and search through them. How can I fix this?

3)Can I delete "MP3 Store?" Sometimes when I open up my task killer it is open and I never open it?

4)After the update to 2.1 whenever I make a phone call and it connects my phone vibrates to let me know that it connected. Can I turn this off? It's very annoying.

5)I know that on 1.5 I had an application (on the phone from the factory) that said ringtone trimmer, but I could never access it. Is there an app somewhere that will allow me to take a full song and trim it down to the section that I want and save it?

Thanks for any info that anyone has.

Go into your gmail account from a PC and do some contact clean-up. They have tools for merging them and things like that. Takes a few minutes and then it will auto-sync to your phone and you will love the results.

Not sure on this one. However, the overall performance after upgrading to 2.1 should be the same or slightly better. If not consider a factory reset.

MP3 Store is a protected app and cannot be deleted through regular means.

Agree it is annoying, though I disagree with the very part. More of a minor annoyance. I haven't been able to figure out how to turn that off short of turning off HTC Sense.

RingDroid