Questions about root. I searched, but none of them gave me the exact answers I wanted

htcdroid

Reaction score
You can move this or link me to a post but I have searched and nothing has answered these exact questions.

1: Does rooting delete anything from your phone? Just using unrevoked? Does that delete anything? That is what I want to know.

2: If you root your phone with unrevoked, how do you get updates? Do you get notifications? If you do and you press yes to install, what happens, will it update and break the root? Also, if it doesn't install and update, how do you get the update? Do you have to unroot, get the update, and then re-root?

3: Do you really have to uninstall doubletwist? Or can you just make sure it's not running?

Please answer. I will post again if I have to, so..

OP
H

htcdroid

Reaction score
Can someone also tell me if I have to take the SD card out, or should I leave it in or does it matter? Thanks. I really want an answer, though, so can you please help me? I haven't gotten any replies. Thanks in advance if you do.

vstarx

Reaction score
when you do a wipe to install a rom it will delete user files but apps and contacts will come back when you complete set up

updates wont install and you will do it when you change or update rom

dont know about doubletwist

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Using unrevoked just roots your device, unless I'm sorely mistaken. I see no reason to remove your SD card as it only affects the internal memory.

Reaction score
unrevoked won't delete anything, go ahead and leave the sd card in. you won't receive notifications for software updates on most custom roms. If you stock with stock you well still get notifications of updates and if your accept, you well lose root. Also, if htc were to implement a patch to stop whatever security hole unrevoked uses, you will then not be able to root again until the devs of unrevoked find/start going through a new one. I would just uninstall then re install double twist... More than worth it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk