Questions about ROMS and install

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2, it is rooted.

I have Titanium backup.

Tried to flash, went into bootloop, reset the whole thing back to 2.2?

Ran sbf and all that jazz.

Android Version is - 2.2

Kernel Version is- 2.6.32.9-g4625oofdbretzm1@il93inxdroid22#1

I want Ultimate droid- or is that not possible with this version? Do I need a new kernel?

Can it be installed without wiping?

Can any ROM be installed over this?

I try to install ROM from ROM manager and it doesn't do anything.

Can or will Verizon put service on a rooted and custom ROM installed phone?

Thanks in Advance.

I am pretty good with computers but phones are new and excited about learning but don't want to kill my phone doing it!

lizard

Reaction score
Do you have Droid2 Bootstrapper installed? Rom Manager will not work without it.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

lizard

Reaction score
I believe Ultimate Droid is for the OG Droid. Don't worry about Verizon. If you are 2.2, I would unroot and update to Gingerbread, then re-root using Pete's Motorola Root Tools(latest version). You will need access to a 64bit pc. Always back up contacts first. Always charge battery to full charge before trying to flash anything. Move anything you don't want to loose to the root of your sd card where it is safe(music, photos,etc.)while you are still rooted and have access to the root of the sd. If you find a Gingerbread based rom you would like to flash, read the threads about the rom first. See what problems other people encountered and what they did to fix it. You will also discover any unresolved issues that may exist with the rom.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2