Questions about flashing ROMs

civicsiracer06

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to flashing ROMs for my Bionic and have a few questions.

1. I am wanting to flash Eclipse 3.0 using safestrap. Once I flash the rom do I have to use Moto-fastboot if I wanted to return my phone to stock or can I just FXZ to .905 and start over from scratch that way? I don't really mind losing all my data and having to re-root since I have all my apps backed up with TiBu and contacts via google (and a backup of unsafe side made by safestrap)... seems to me that an FXZ would be easier?

2. From what I have gathered, if I wanted to take an OTA update to ICS when it's released, I would have to return to stock unrooted .905?

3. Is there a rom that is stock gingerbread without motoblur?

Thanks in advance for any and all help... I know these are beginner questions but I just want to make sure I understand what I'm reading from all these different posts

deduct

Reaction score
While using safe strap there is no need to fxz back until the ota is released. Sounds like you already have a backup of your unsafe stock 905 so that's good. Download eclipse 3.0 and place it on your ext SD card and then go into safe strap and choose safe boot menu and toggle sides to enable safe strap and get to your safe side. Then erase data/ factory reset, erase cache, choose advanced, erase dalvik. Then go to choose update from SD card. Choose exterior, and then select the eclipse 3.0 zip and flash away. Enjoy eclipse. When you want to return to stock, go into safe strap again and select safe boot menu and toggle sides. If you Need anything else feel free to send me a pm.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Rooted or not doesn't matter on OTAs unless something has changed. AFAIK we don't currently have a full bootable fxz of 905. The one used in HoB to move between 2nd gen ICS leaks restores just enough to update in stock recovery but not enough to boot (softbricked until you successfully apply the update). You have to FXZ back to 902 and take the 905 OTA then take the ICS OTA when it comes.