Bootloop After Flashing ICS 246 From 905

TonyTheSlayer

Reaction score
For the past several hours I have tried searching for a solution to an issue I was having here.

Initially I was running Safestrap and Eclipse on 905 and figured that with the ICS update seemingly stable enough it was time for me to update my stock and Eclipse ROMs. After doing a factory reset on my Eclipse ROM, I booted into stock and attempted to download the OTA update but for some reason it wouldn't install correctly after three attempts, so I figured I'd do a factory reset (twice) and try it then, but it resulted in no luck. At this point I decided to try using RSD Lite to flash the FXZ for 246 manually, which resulted in no errors. I believe that my device is only soft-bricked, as I can access stock recovery and fastboot without issues. The only thing that my device isn't capable of doing is booting up past the animation (the one with the word "Droid").

Essentially, I simply haven't found a solution to get past this bootloop after attempting to flash 246 on 905.

Any help would be very much appreciated, as I am in a pretty desperate state at the moment.

EDIT: Frankly, even going back to Gingerbread is tolerable. I just want a device that will even work.

ldubs

Reaction score
Well if you did the FXZ to 246 you should have been good to go... can't go back to gingerbread now. I would suggest trying to run the fxz one more time through RSD lite - you sure there were no errors and that it completed all the way? Battery fully charged?

OP
T

TonyTheSlayer

Reaction score
I've flashed the FXZ several times and have even tried doing a factory reset after flashing and then flashing again. I have also tried flashing once more just after my OP for grins, but I received no luck. I've already contacted Verizon and I am getting a replacement. Either way, a solution to this problem would still be helpful.