Questions about customizing

Airedrifter

Reaction score
I got a DroidX last week. It's working well. Moving from a BB Storm I'm liking the Droid, it is nice though I'm surprised that a couple of things I'd like and had are not available.

So far I've not a way to create custom ring schemes. On the BB I had several sound schemes that had independent setting for various events. ...

Moving from Yahoo calendar to Google calendar was almost painless. It functions well though it is limited in configurable appearance. I don't need to see my schedule for 11PM to 8AM. I want the calendar to open in the monthly view. I want the week to start with Monday...

Am I missing settings somewhere?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Congrats on your new phone, let the fun begin!

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you go into contacts and select any contact you can then use the menu key to edit them....or you can select options. You can give any contact any ringtone you want from within the options area.

Ringdroid is a good app for making ringtones if you are looking for that.

I'm using the original droid. If I go to my apps and open the calander app it opens in a monthly view. My week starts on a Sunday. The menu key lets me change that view and it sticks that way for the next time I open the calendar.

I'm also using Beautiful Widgets which displays the date/time/weather as a widget on my screen. If I touch the date the calendar opens up for me.