Calendar event question.....

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
I work as a firefighter and our schedule is 24hrs on and 48hrs off. With my BB 8330, I was able to set an all-day event in the calendar and tag it as "Fire Dept" and have it repeat every 3rd day (instead of manually entering an event on each day). This made it quite easy when scheduling appointments or things because I could just pull up the calendar and it would have every 3rd day shaded, so I would know thats a fire dept day.
I haven't been able to do this on the calendar that comes with the Droid.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do this on the built-in calendar or if there is an app available that would allow me to do something like this? I'm just wanting a calendar that will replicate what I had setup on my BB.

Thanks in advance.

KarenElissa

Reaction score
I work as a firefighter and our schedule is 24hrs on and 48hrs off. With my BB 8330, I was able to set an all-day event in the calendar and tag it as "Fire Dept" and have it repeat every 3rd day (instead of manually entering an event on each day). This made it quite easy when scheduling appointments or things because I could just pull up the calendar and it would have every 3rd day shaded, so I would know thats a fire dept day.
I haven't been able to do this on the calendar that comes with the Droid.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to do this on the built-in calendar or if there is an app available that would allow me to do something like this? I'm just wanting a calendar that will replicate what I had setup on my BB.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see how you can do it with the app, but you can do it with Google Cal online. Click "Create Event," add the info, check the "all day" box, use the drop down menu to select repeat daily, then another drop down menu will pop up and allow you to select how many days, select 3 and you will be good to go.

OP
N

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
Kick ass! Went online, set it all up, hit Sync and now it shows up on the calendar on my phone. Thanks a lot!

iclickjohn

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I don't see how you can do it with the app, but you can do it with Google Cal online. Click "Create Event," add the info, check the "all day" box, use the drop down menu to select repeat daily, then another drop down menu will pop up and allow you to select how many days, select 3 and you will be good to go.[/QUOTE]

This is how I've always done it. Had google calendar before droid. I have three calendars shared. My business, personal and family. No matter where I'm at I can make and see all appointments. You'll love the integration. Set up an account for your family and share it with your phones account. both show up on both home pc calendar and phone's calendar. I'd say this feature is probably 50% of the reason I went with Droid. You can do the same thing with google maps. On your PC you can set up locations in the section "My Maps" Give them a group name. and (assuming you sign in with the same account) you phone will display these same "my maps" locations. Good for when you're heading somewhere and set up the route on you PC first. Save it. and when you're in your car go to maps and it will be right there. I bet you could set up a shared "my maps" and have the dispatch place the address of the fire and all you'd have to do is open it and get your route from the Droid. (opps, you can tell I'm from a small town. Assuming that everyone drives themselves to the fire.)