Question

PARick

Reaction score
Hi All! My D1, which has been rooted for about a year, has finally bit the dust. At the time I rooted it, I found it necessary due to lack of internal space, and I could move most apps to my SD card. I truly enjoyed the rooting experience. I am replacing it with a stock X. My question is, do you notice a big difference in your rooted X over stock? Is it faster? Can it do a whole lot more than it could prior to rooting? I felt no choice but to root my D1. I am just wondering if I should, or just wait the six month out until my upgrade with my X. Thanks for your help.

hazyshd

Reaction score
I just got a Droid X. We switched from Sprint to Verizon, and I couldn't afford the $400 bucks for two DX2. I'm running Liberty rom 2.0.1 because I use my phone to tether some therefore I need root plus I've heard some people saying they would get redirected to the verizon site if they tethered while running gingerbread. The other phone is running stock ota gingerbread, and I haven't heard any complaints there.

Now if you are running gingerbread already the only way for you to get root would be to sbf back to froyo and then root with z4 root because there still isn't a root method for the current ota gingerbread. Ha then if you wanted to run gingerbread you'd have to flash one of the rooted leaked roms or one of the ones they are cooking up.

That being said I do it for the tethering and ability to overclock. Oh and I don't care for moto blur.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited: