How is people's rooted Droid X's Running

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a upgrade on my account I have the droid 1 now but I decided to choose the droid x over the droid 2 due to the fact that droid x has root access now & also droid 2 does not & has a lots of bloatware

So down to the main question How is everyone who has rooted there droid x how is running ?

Better worst Any & all input would be fantastic thanks

17akota

Reaction score
I have a upgrade on my account I have the droid 1 now but I decided to choose the droid x over the droid 2 due to the fact that droid x has root access now & also droid 2 does not & has a lots of bloatware

So down to the main question How is everyone who has rooted there droid x how is running ?

Better worst Any & all input would be fantastic thanks

i just recently bought a DX and got it rooted that day. so far i love it. way faster than my rooted Droid 1 that i had overclocked. im not running FroYo at the time but it made it even faster yet when i did have it.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Rooting your phone does not affect how the phone runs. All is does is give the user the ability to have superuser aka administrative privileges.

The only way it can improve ur performance is if u decided to overclock the phone. However, I personally don't see a benefit of doing that with the Droid x. I did with the original Droid but not the DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bcals0087

Reaction score
I disagree, I think having a rooted droid x is more than just administrative privileges. With those privileges, you can rename blur applications, that start on their own, and then they won't start. You can also download (buy) the autostarts app, and when configured correctly, you keep crap from running that shouldn't have ran when say you changed an account, or connectivity changed. All of this, and I emphasize, when configured correctly, will ultimately leave you with more ram free on a regular basis. Your not killing anything, just keeping programs from starting that shouldn't start for no reason other than your using them. My x is very snappy, even with tons of apps running. Just my .02, but I do think this works well.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Agree with Bcal on all points.

affliction

Reaction score
i love my dx its rooted with froyo renamed alot of bloatware so it runs alot faster than before i would recommend dx over droid 2 plus they are really close to having custom roms for dx

scf

Reaction score
Yeah, more details. Tethering works just fine. Maybe we can get it sorted out for you.

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Wifi tether for root users its black with a circle an red something it does the tether sign but im not picking up the signal it has a update but everytime I update it it like closes out when I push the tether button

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I love my DX. I'm not a fan of physical keyboards though. I don't text all that much so Swype is awesome for me. I love the big screen. The camera kind of sucks on 2.1, but I had the leaked 2.2 for a while and it seemed to be better than 2.1 for pictures and video. We'll see when the official 2.2 is out. But my wife's iPhone 3GS takes pictures with better color. I plan on doing some comparisons with photos taken at the same time of the same item in the same light and have them printed at Walgreens or something. Other than that, i love my DX a ton.

Rooted and everything works great. I use tethering once in a while and removed a bunch of bloatware.