Question on Selling my OG Droid

Reaction score
For some reason since I havent used my OG Droid in a while I am completely dumb on the phone now. So if I take out the SD card will I lose root or anything? I would like to keep the 16gb card thats in it and just put in an 8gb that I have but I dont wanna lose or mess up the root to my friend that Im selling it to. Someone please give me some insight on this, thanks.

Also, what should I do to do a factory reset. Boot in record and just erase the data? Wouldnt I lose the ROM doing it that way?

I sincerely apologize for my ignorance, its been awhile

Troops2990

Reaction score
You can take the card out and only lose your titanium backups and apps on the card and you can do a reset without losing root

Sent from my Droid

Troops2990

Reaction score
I don't know what recovery your using but in spr just do one through it or try going to privacy in your phone settings and doing it there

Sent from my Droid

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
an idea for you is probably to use THIS to return the Droid to VZW stock (exactly like when you got it from them, exactly), clearing all of your data too of course... then use THIS to add SuperUser basically giving it root again...

since you don't seem to want to install a custom ROM for your friend... just an option that's pretty straightforward...