Question: How many of you use screen protectors on your bionic? Having issues....

ofiba

Reaction score
I didn't pay 250 dollars for this thing to cover it up with a 2 dollar piece of plastic.

I also don't cover my furniture with plastic.

B

bens42608

I didn't pay 250 dollars for this thing to cover it up with a 2 dollar piece of plastic.

Word. Gorilla glass is more durable than any screen protector u can buy anyways. I throw my naked bionic in my pocket with my car/house keys an d let them scrape all over it and my glass is flawless. I quitusing cases and screen covers a long tme ago since I loved the beauty of my naked og droid

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bbtkd

Reaction score
I bought the Verizon screen protectors at first and quickly realized that they're garbage.

I then got the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic and they are amazing!

I used the "steamy shower" method to apply the screen protector and have zero air bubble / dust spots: Turn your shower on the hottest position for about 5 minutes with the door shut. Turn off the shower and enter the steamy bathroom with your phone / the screen protectors. The steam helps reduce dust in the air from falling on the screen while applying the protector. Thoroughly wipe off the bionic screen with the lint free cloth provided with the Steinheil protectors. Begin applying the protector with the provided squegee. If you do happen to get a speck of stray dust on the screen or underside of the protector while applying it, there are also a few "dust strip stickers" that are included in the package that you can use to safely remove the dust speck(s) and continue applying the screen protector.

Congratulations, you may have also voided your warranty by setting off the moisture sensor.

deduct

Reaction score
ofiba said:

I paid $300 for my bionic. I want to make sure it stays as nice and new looking as possible. So I use zagg screen protector and ditztronic case that fits extended battery. I am not worried about it sliding in and out of pocket, but, I have dropped mine many times so its good that it stays protected at all times.

lykofos

Reaction score
Congratulations, you may have also voided your warranty by setting off the moisture sensor.

Negative, the moisture sensor on my Bionic is still intact. The temperature differential is really not much different or more likely to develop light condensation due to temperature shock on the phone screen than when you're at the beach and take your phone from the 70° air conditioned room to the 110° beach outside.

You do have a valid concern though, as everything in the steamy bathroom is soaked in condensation. That's why you don't leave the phone in there while the door is closed and the bathroom is getting steamy. After you turn the hot shower off the catalyst for the steam / heat is no longer present, and the temperature in the room does begin dropping back to normal fairly quickly. That's why it's best to work quick with the application of the screen protector once you turn the shower off and bring the phone / screen protectors into the bathroom.

verasbio

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a Droid Bionic on a family plan, my phone has a two year contract. I hope its worth it. :icon_eek:I got my first smart phone with virgin mobile-an LG Optimus V- after dumping AT&T (they tried to say they dumped me) and I loved it. I still do:heart::heart: The part that really scares me is the 4GB of data. Is it enough? I am used to not worrying about that. I am thinking about keeping my V and just downgrading to the 35 a month plan. I use my V for many things smart phones are meant for GPS, Pandora, calorie counting, I am a nurse I use it to take vitals, games. Is there a diagnosis of new phone angst? :blink: And I got the screen protectors ans a back cover(skin) at the Verizon store. It said it was supposed to come with a cloth but I couldn't find it. I find I needs wiping off frequently. Cell phones a very valid source of germos. They applied it so I can't even really tell its on. Are you sure about the gorilla glass. Is gorilla glass really a tough plastic?

Last edited:

chuck54

Reaction score
My verizon rep said that the cover is built in.... cant hurt to be extra safe i guess. ....

ofiba

Reaction score
I paid $300 for my bionic. I want to make sure it stays as nice and new looking as possible. So I use zagg screen protector and ditztronic case that fits extended battery. I am not worried about it sliding in and out of pocket, but, I have dropped mine many times so its good that it stays protected at all times.

Are you planning on selling it? If not, I can't see the point of keeping it nice if you always keep it covered and can never actually enjoy how new and nice it looks.

deduct

Reaction score
ofiba said:
Are you planning on selling it? If not, I can't see the point of keeping it nice if you always keep it covered and can never actually enjoy how new and nice it looks.

I have had it since September and when I do take it out of cover it looks brand new still because I have kept it that way. I don't plan on selling it. But, if I ever do it will be nice when someone else gets it.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Bought my Bionic at launch. Got the standard Bionic screen protectors at Verizon. They come in a 3 pack. Use the phone allot, just replaced the first one 2 weeks ago as it started bubbling on the corners, but overall, pretty satisfied. Screen protector had no impact on using my Bionic. There are a number of other great screen protectors that folks on the forum have mentioned, sure if you do a search you'll find allot of info. When I was searching a few weeks ago, I found folks were as passionate about their screen protectors as I am about motor cycle oil.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

brent.murray

Reaction score
Got a screen protector 3 pack also upon purchase at Verizon. Love it. I usually buy these type of accessories from ebay for the cheap price however I have had some bad ones before that looked awful and had hundreds of micro bubbles. Now these I bought OEM from Verizon and am having no problems with them at all.

ekf028

Reaction score
Thought I was the only one. I too have never had any luck with those cheap ass ones from ebay. Then verizon suckered me into buying theirs and I actually haven't wasted any putting them on. And I just thought I sucked at it all these years!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I've been using Steinheils on my Bionic since maybe November and I LOVE it. If applied correctly, you can't even tell there's anything on there. I'm a big proponent of screen protectors despite the Gorilla Glass thing, but that's because I'm a chick who keeps her phone in a very full purse and wear diamond earrings on the regular and have seen what that does. Even though it doesn't ruin the screen, a tiny scratch gets really irritating to look at after a while.