Question from a newbie...

kjr76

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased a DINC and am trying to figure on where in the heck do I install my SD card. I tried the search function, to conceal my ignorance, but alas, I'm having to ask. I was told, that I could put my SD mini card into my new phone with no issues, but I can't find the 'slot' or whatever.

Thanks.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I believe you take the back cover off and the slot is located on the side by the battery, if it was new it should have an SD card preinstalled

My wife has the Dinc but the only time I got to mess with it is when I put the battery in for the first time

E

Emtronics

Indeed, it is under the battery cover which is one thing about the DINC I don't like. It's not a big deal because you can access the SD via a USB cable so removing the SD is really not necessary. I just liked it when one of my older phones had the SD slot on the side.

I guess this protects the SD slot from dirt and dust.

OP
K

kjr76

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. When I take the back cover off the phone, I don't see any "slots" with any removable card or anything. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here, and I'm sure the memory is well more than adequate, it's just I have TONS of pictures/videos on my card (from my BB) that I don't feel like 'moving' manually. But again, I can't seem to find a 'slot' or anything that appears to be a 'moveable' part other than taking out the battery.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually on almost all Android devices it is tucked away, the Droid series specifically it is behind the battery, meaning you have to take the battery out to access the SD card, this stops one from removing the card while the device is powered on which could cause corruption of valid system files that are stored on the SD

OP
K

kjr76

Reaction score
Actually on almost all Android devices it is tucked away, the Droid series specifically it is behind the battery, meaning you have to take the battery out to access the SD card, this stops one from removing the card while the device is powered on which could cause corruption of valid system files that are stored on the SD

AHHHHH, so: back cover off, battery out, then pull up the black piece of plastic UNDER the battery to expose the card/slot!??!

kmo

Reaction score
There is no need to pull the battery on the incredible to access the sd card slot. Pull the back cover off, if the camera lens is facing up the slot is located bottom half left side. Can't miss it, plug in your card and you should be good.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess the Dinc is part of the Droid series

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some say it is, some say its the red headed( speaker cover) step child
Anyhoo, screen down, camera facing up, slot is about 3/4 way down on left. If there is a card there already go to settings, sd& settings,unmount card, then take card out and old card or not after you insert new card it has to be mounted the same way
sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk