Question around Asurion Claims Policy

ChemESGH

Reaction score
So after owning my D1 for over a year and multiple drops, it finally landed face down on our concrete patio, screen was demolished. Now granted I did have a Seidio case on it for about 6 months which helped reduce risk of shattering the screen, however its been a while with no case. I know I should have kept a case on it to prevent this (or not drop it, lol) but can't do anything about that now.

So Asurion sent my replacement phone overnight last Monday and I got it Tuesday. I figured I didn't need to order a new case as the bionic should becoming out in the next few months and I'd be upgrading at that point anyway. Replacement has been working great so far.....until this morning.

Genius me dropped it again getting out of the car and guess what? It landed face down and cracked the screen. After screaming multiple obscenities I hit google to see what my options were.

Looks like there is a 2 claim limit per year with Asurion. My question is, will this 2nd claim put me a year out even if I upgrade tot he bionic and re-up my contract with Verizon? Or does it start over with a new phone/contract? I've carried insurance on our phones for years, this is the first time we've ever had to get replacements....just happens to be 2 within a week of each other. I appreciate any info or advice!

n660623x

Reaction score
The replacement should be tied to the verizon account, not the phone, so yes as far as I am aware u will have used your 2 claims.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
C

ChemESGH

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured. The claim through Asurion seems to be based only on your phone number, thus I'm guessing they're only keeping tabs based on the number regardless of upgrades or contract renewals. I was just hoping to be wrong :)