Question about selling my DROID RAZR MAXX

irishbuddha25

Reaction score
Hello all! Quick question. I am going to sell my DROID RAZR MAXX due to money issues right now. I am still under contract being I only bought it 2 months ago. Can I just take out my sim card to sell it and just keep paying my regular bill for it as well as the other phone on my plan or do I have to call Verizon and deactivate it and pay the fee for ending my contract early. I do plan on getting another 4g LTE phone eventually by the way. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Put an old phone on that number this way you don't have to pay 30 a month for data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put an old phone on that number this way you don't have to pay 30 a month for data.

An old smartphone and keep paying it if you are grandfathered in unlimited or you will lose the unlimited.

----posted maxx'ed out----

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
An old smartphone and keep paying it if you are grandfathered in unlimited or you will lose the unlimited.

----posted maxx'ed out----

+1 if you have unlimited, you don't want to loose it.

OP
I

irishbuddha25

Reaction score
I do not have an unlimited data plan. Do I need to get a different phone for that line before I sell the Maxx or can I just keep paying as if I still have that line?

cwjinx

Reaction score
Similar Verizon issue

Having had a similar issue (w/ my Galaxy Tab), I discovered I could put my service "on hold." It can only hold for 90 days at a time, so as long as I'm wary of the automatic "restoration date" - I can just renew the hold at that time. The only catch is that my 'update' date (for "new every 2" discounts) is postponed for that amount of time. Since I'm not looking to update the Tab, it's not an issue for me. Hope this helps. :happy3:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all tied to the SIM, pull that out, reset the phone and wipe the SD card, and you're good to go on selling it.

As long as you don't activate another phone on your line you can pop the SIM in another LTE device and be off and running... though the Gnex and original Razr are your only options with that micro-sim - all other LTE phones use regular SIM.

sent from my phone

Last edited:

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
If you don't ahve unlimited, just use/find/borrow/beg for an old VZW phone. They can move you over to it, kill your data plan, then put you down to the lowest level plan. It'll save you a ton of money each month.